hero

Great tech jobs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Sponsored by M-Force Staffing
Knoxville Technology Council
Knoxville Technology Council
31
companies
1,298
Jobs

Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Educational Psychology & Counseling

Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at University of Tennessee

Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at University of Tennessee

Legal
Knoxville, TN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2024
Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Educational Psychology & Counseling - 2400000134

Description

Post-Doctoral Associate

Minimum Qualifications

Candidates for the Post-Doctoral position with the University of Tennessee’s must have completed their doctoral degree requirements.

All candidates should be from a graduate program in school psychology, approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and must be from an APA-approved or APPIC-listed internship program.

All candidates must be license-eligible in the State of Tennessee as a Psychologist and license-eligible as a School Psychologist.

Experience with children in a school setting is a must.

Qualifications

Duties and Responsibilities

This Post-Doctoral Associate position will be 75% school-based in a K-12 rural school setting. The remaining 25% will be in the KLASS Center.

The Post-Doctoral Associate will:

  • Supervise EdS students in the delivery of school psychology services in rural East Tennessee, K-12 school placements up to 4 days a week.
  • Assist in development of process, procedures, and materials to deliver an MTSS for mental health
  • Communicate and interact professionally with school educators and administrators
  • Participate in the clinical care of clients in a variety of client care settings with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the direct supervision of the supervising psychologist. Associates may write progress notes in client charts, although supervising psychologists may continue to review the care of their clients.
  • Assume progressive responsibility for client care activities in schools and the KLASS Center according to Associate’s level of education, ability, and experience. The supervising psychologist will determine the Associate’s level of responsibility and autonomy.
  • Communicate effectively with their supervising psychologist regarding the findings of their evaluations, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended interventions on a continual basis.
  • Participate fully in the educational and scholarly activities of the program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising interns and students, and conducting research.
  • Develop a personal program of learning to foster continued professional growth with guidance from the teaching staff.
  • Abide by all University policies and procedures, including the provisions of the KLASS Center Policy and Procedure Manual, the training programs and the regulations of any affiliated institution to which the Associate may be assigned.
  • Other related duties as assigned by grant personnel

Salary

$47,500.00 per year plus benefits; mileage reimbursement

Length of Appointment

employment will be contingent on funding

Job

Research Professional

Primary Location

US-Tennessee-knoxville

Organization

Educational Psychology & Counseling

Schedule

Full-time
Campus/Institute Knoxville

Job Posting

May 29, 2024, 1:29:26 PM