CyberSecurity Specialist | Cyber Fusion Team, MSS | Knoxville, TN
Knoxville, TN, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2022
Avertium is the security partner that companies turn to for end-to-end Cybersecurity solutions that attack the chaos of the cybersecurity landscape with context. By fusing together human expertise and a business-first mindset with the right combination of technology and threat intelligence, Avertium delivers a more comprehensive, more programmatic approach to cybersecurity - one that drives action on the ground and influence in the boardroom. That's why over 1,200 mid-market and enterprise-level organizations across 15 industries turn to Avertium when they want to be more efficient, more effective, and more resilient when waging today's cyber war. Show no weakness.®
The Cybersecurity Specialist will work collaboratively to detect and respond to information security incidents, maintain, and follow procedures for security event alerting, and participate in security investigations. The Cybersecurity Specialist will perform tasks including monitoring, research, classification, and analysis of security events that occur on the network or endpoint. The ideal team member will demonstrate familiarity with the principals of network and endpoint security, current threat, and attack trends, and have a working knowledge of security principals such as defense in depth.
- Monitor customer security information and event management (SIEM) software and dashboards to assesses and respond to organizational risks.
- Use knowledge of computer networking, applications, and security to provide client recommendations for remediating identified threats.
- Responds to security related tickets escalated from clients through email and phone and works collaboratively with the client to assist in resolving security events.
- Work one of three shifts which may include day, swing, nights, and weekends.
- Identify and escalate issues with monitoring applications.
- Complete training and certification courses to meet established training and development goals.
- Maintain an extremely high-level of client satisfaction and service delivery quality throughout day-to-day execution.
Qualifications for Success:
- Solid understanding of computer networking, basic IT skills, Operating Systems and customer service experience.
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or related field or 1-2 years of successful professional experience in Information Technology or a related field. Industry security certifications preferable, but not required (such as A+, CCNP, CCNA)
- Positive attitude
- Desire to learn and grow skill set (humble and hungry)
- Ability to deliver technical messages to non-technical audiences.
- Interpersonal Relations
- Time Management
- Customer Service
In addition to a career in the challenging world of cyber security, Avertium offers competitive salaries, full benefits, unlimited paid time off, participation in 401(k), and opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security technologies in a stimulating work environment.
Avertium provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.