Architecture & Integration Consultant
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Avertium is the security partner that companies turn to for end-to-end Cybersecurity solutions that attack the chaos of the cybersecurity landscape with context. By fusing together human expertise and a business-first mindset with the right combination of technology and threat intelligence, Avertium delivers a more comprehensive, more programmatic approach to cybersecurity - one that drives action on the ground and influence in the boardroom. That's why over 1,200 mid-market and enterprise-level organizations across 15 industries turn to Avertium when they want to be more efficient, more effective, and more resilient when waging today's cyber war. Show no weakness.®
Avertium is seeking an information technology engineer or architect as an Architecture & Integration consultant.
The successful candidate will be security focused with emphasis on network, systems, cloud, or application security. The ability to develop and deliver reports, presentations, diagrams and creating implementation/integration plans and programs is a must. Subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas such as networking, systems, and applications is required.
The successful candidate will be self-disciplined and able to work on individual tasks, sometimes without clear requirements, and to work well in a team environment.
The successful candidate will be able to lead various architecture and integration projects, frequently serving in a consultative role, evaluating the client’s business challenges and applying key technical prowess and best industry practices to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Develop and deliver reports, presentations, diagrams to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and implement integration plans and programs for Avertium clients
- Organize, prioritize, develop, and implement remediation plans for identified technology and security gaps
- Work independently as well as within collaborative team environments
- Identify tactical and strategic organizational needs and goals
- Interface regularly with Avertium clients to understand and properly evaluate security posture
- Apply industry standards and best practices in the areas of IT, Network, Cloud, and Enterprise Architecture
- Evaluate client environment, gather requirements and provide appropriate security recommendations and remediation activities
Qualifications for success:
- Experience with emphasis in information security (INFOSEC), Cybersecurity, Data Security, Network Security, or other related areas
- Demonstrated knowledge of security controls applicable to information technology infrastructure
- Ability to execute on implementation and integration tasks
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Tactical and Strategic Thinking
- Willingness to accept new challenges and learn new skills
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper analytical processes and procedures, independently (or with collaboration) derive conclusions and present results
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations; adaptable to changing environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing projects and presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects with varying completion times
- Strong desire to increase level of expertise
Required Technical Skills:
- Ideal candidate will have at minimum one skill from each category below.
- Network Security Engineering/Administration
- Web Application Firewalls (WAF) – CloudFlare preferred
- Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Software Defined Networking
- Network Discovery Tools
- Zero Trust Networking
- Palo Alto
- Cloud Architecture/Engineering
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Integration & Automation
- Rest API
- Containerization Engineering/Administration
- Prisma (Twistlock)
- Apache Mesos
- Application Management/Integration
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms
- Data Management/Analysis
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK Stack)
- Security Oriented Solution Management/Integration
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability Scanning
In addition to a career in the challenging world of cyber security, Avertium offers competitive salaries, full benefits, unlimited paid time off, participation in 401(k), and opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security technologies in a stimulating work environment.
Avertium provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.