Service Delivery Manager, Cyber Fusion Center, MSS | Remote, USA
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Avertium is the security partner that companies turn to for end-to-end Cybersecurity solutions that attack the chaos of the cybersecurity landscape with context. By fusing together human expertise and a business-first mindset with the right combination of technology and threat intelligence, Avertium delivers a more comprehensive, more programmatic approach to cybersecurity - one that drives action on the ground and influence in the boardroom. That's why over 1,200 mid-market and enterprise-level organizations across 15 industries turn to Avertium when they want to be more efficient, more effective, and more resilient when waging today's cyber war. Show no weakness.®
Are you passionate about Customer Advocacy and Cyber Security? As a Service Delivery Manager with Avertium, you will work closely with our customers to ensure their success with Avertium's MSSP platform. The Service Delivery Manager serves as a trusted advisor for the customer; working directly with our Cyber Fusion team members including: SOC Analysts, SOC Engineers and Sales staff. Success here starts with a strong understanding of various technical, cyber security, and customer service skills.
- Serve as the primary MSSP customer advocate with internal stakeholders to ensure needed customer feedback is adequately documented and assessed by all parties.
- Schedule, prepare, and lead proactive meetings with existing customers regarding MSSP service deliverables
- Manage technical projects by providing updates, timeline overview and tracking of KPI metrics to MSSP clients, as well as MSSP leadership
- Escalate customer issues as appropriate and serve as key point of contact of the overall resolution for the case
- Support the sales teams in identifying opportunities for account expansion
- Collect required information when working on customer needs and wants regarding the MSSP service.
- Review entire problem logs, identify recurring problems, and perform trend analysis on alerts.
- Record projects status along with open issues every week.
- Exhibit strong communication skills that are necessary to be a bridge between customers, Avertium SOC Analysts. and Engineers and client security teams.
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure customer satisfaction, drive resolution of issues to closure and excel in building customer relationships.
A glance at a day in the life for a Service Delivery Manager:
- You are delivering a customer report and the customer asks “I have a question around this alert? Can you help me understand it?” You then explain the alert to the customer, letting them know if additional information is necessary, SOC Analysts can provide additional detail.
- During an internal call, an engineer speaks with you about your customer, explaining that we need to set expectations right regarding a SIEM situation. You then take this information and relay it to the customer via a call; pulling in an engineer if required.
- A customer is potentially compromised and doesn’t know what to do. They call/e-mail you as a trusted advisor on how to proceed. It is up to you to determine whether it’s an ‘all hands on deck’ situation, triaging to the appropriate departments or determining it’s not a major situation.
- While creating a customer report, you notice a log source has completely fallen off. Confirming with the customer it is supposed to be there, you triage with the appropriate departments (SOC, engineering, etc.) to get to the bottom of the situation.
- During a report call. A customer brings up that they are not seeing the value in their service. You determine it is due to a lack of an end-point service, discussing with the customer the value of having one. The customer agrees and you triage to sales to get things moving in the right direction.
Qualifications for success:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in information/cyber security, computer science, management or a related field OR have 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience navigating and working with small, medium and large enterprise IT organizations.
- Network and systems certifications such as Security +, Network + and CISSP, are preferred.
- Other industry certifications such as ITIL, Microsoft, PMP are strongly considered.
- Experience in technical advisory roles, such as a Technical Account Manager.
- Experience serving as a liaison between technical team members and the customer.
- Strong problem-solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Experience with SIEM technology, such as AlienVault, LogRhythm.
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management, Mitre Att&CK Framework, NIST Assessments, Cyber Center Analysis, and Incident Response.
- Experience with Linux and Windows in virtual environments.
- Experience with report writing and creating other types of relevant documentation.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with industry standard benchmarks.
In addition to a career in the challenging world of cyber security, Avertium offers competitive salaries, full benefits, unlimited paid time off, participation in 401(k), and opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security technologies in a stimulating work environment.
Avertium provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.