A Sweet Opportunity for Leadership!
At Nothing Bundt Cakes, the Shift Leader keeps the atmosphere upbeat and the sweets coming. Every day is delicious and satisfying. And as part of this successful and growing brand, there is no shortage of opportunity for promotion. But personal growth and bringing joy to people every day are just a couple of perks of working in our bakery. Here are some others:
- Prioritizes the guest experience, models superior guest engagement and fosters a positive work environment.
- Partners with the Bakery Manager in leading all aspects of the guest experience, cake production, brand and merchandise presentation, work environment, P&L management and inventory control.
- Supports the Bakery Managers in recruiting, selecting and training team members, directing daily work responsibilities, and providing performance feedback and coaching.
- Ensures NbC product, service, bakery environment and visual merchandising standards are consistently upheld and that all bakery operations adhere to food and health safety standards and NbC policies and procedures.
- Assists the Bakery Managers in executing operational and administrative responsibilities, which may include cake production plans, productivity goal setting, team scheduling, supply ordering, sales and labor reporting, basic accounting and expense control procedures, and payroll processing.
- Co-manages special-order fulfillment via web and email for individual guests and corporate accounts as well as large, complex orders and deliveries.
- Co-facilitates the opening and closing of the bakery, including cash-drawer balancing and bank deposits.
- Contributes to marketing strategy execution in the local community by helping to coordinate and participating in special, brand-building events.
- Maintains hands-on knowledge of all bakery roles and steps in regularly to perform various responsibilities as business needs dictate.
Core Values and Leadership Competencies:
- Servant’s Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support and develop the team and create a superior guest experience.
- Keeps the good of the team and guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Leads by example and displays humility and empathy for others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates an intense drive, a commitment to excellence and a passion to succeed.
- Seizes 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, exercises sound judgment and seeks feedback to improve performance.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm and optimism that attracts and energizes others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships and communicates often and openly.
- Serves as a strong Cake Celebrity/Brand Ambassador in the local community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an unwavering guest focus and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage, empower and motivate a team and communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Has the ability to delegate tasks, communicate clear expectations, direct others’ work and manage performance.
- Is highly organized and resourceful, can balance multiple priorities and demonstrates strong follow-up skills.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to accurately assess situations and identify issues, develop possible solutions and take the appropriate courses of action.
- Demonstrates strong learning agility, with a passion to grow and excel.
Work Availability: _______________
Example: Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.
- We have great operating hours – no late nights!
- Cake discounts. Yummm!
- This job is fun. It’s literally a piece of cake!
- This is a great place to make new friends!
- We love to celebrate and bring joy to the community.
- PTO accrual after 32 hours worked per week
- Growth Opportunity
- 10% commission on retail sold