Craft the Magic!
At Nothing Bundt Cakes, the Crafter is the architect of finishing touches and delightful details that elevate moments to memories. By handcrafting the cake decorations, you get to be a part of the joy that our guests experience whenever they enjoy our decorated cakes. In addition, we’ve crafted a place to work that’s fun and rewarding for the creative side of you. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Assembles cake and balloon orders according to guest specifications for the given celebration and follows NbC cake decorating and presentation standards with precision.
- Prioritizes workload according to schedule to ensure all orders are complete at the appropriate pick-up or delivery time, and crafts all orders for walk-in guests.
- Prepares cake decorations, boxes, bows, and other packaging materials in advance to ensure requisite supplies are readily available for cake order demands.
- Monitors inventory of cake-crafting supplies and notifies management when replenishment is required.
- Evaluates frosted and decorated cakes to ensure NbC standards are met, and notifies management of any quality control issues.
- Cleans, sanitizes and restocks workstation and ensures all crafting tools are sufficiently prepared for the next shift.
- Supports the Guest Service Representative in assisting walk-in guests and answering the telephone as needed.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Core Values and Competencies:
- Servant’s Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
- Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
- Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm and optimism that attracts others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
- Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Is able to understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as order tickets, operating procedures and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Has the capacity to perform repetitious tasks that require precise and continuous movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, and can stand for extended periods of time.
- Can evaluate products, processes, information and surroundings to determine compliance with standards.
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a meticulous attention to detail.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize workload independently.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide superior guest service when required.
- Is able to pay strict attention to timing and work on a tight, fast-paced schedule.
- Possesses the discipline to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous guest service or support experience at a bakery, restaurant or retail store is a plus.
Work Availability: _________________
Example: Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.
- Enjoy your evenings: We close earlier than most food service jobs.
- We offer flexible work schedules.
- We’re keeping it casual. T-shirts and sneakers are where it’s at!
- Cake discounts. Yummm!
- You don’t have to be 18 to work here, so students can join us.
- This job is fun. It’s literally a piece of cake!
- This is a great place to make new friends!
- You’ll get trained. Not only on crafting cake, but on growing your career.
- We love to celebrate and bring joy to the community.
- PTO accrual after 32 hours worked per week
- 10% commission on retail sold