JOB DESCRIPTION- CUSTODIAN (FT)
HES is hiring custodians for Maryville City Schools beginning immediately. No prior work experience is required Starting at $14 - $15 per hour. Every job within a school district is important! A HES custodian plays an essential role in maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and functionality of school facilities, ensuring every school day runs smoothly and students can focus on learning.
In addition to regular building maintenance functions, the school custodian provides direct support to classroom teachers in the setup and maintenance of furniture and equipment.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of our background check and fingerprint clearance. HES Facilities Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, scrub, and wax floors.
- Machine shampoo carpeting.
- Clean walls, vents, screens, furniture, drinking fountains, light fixtures, window blinds, brass, and other interior fixtures.
- Wash interior and exterior windows and glass doors.
- Sweep entryways, empty exterior cigarette urns, and empty trashcans immediately outside building entrances.
- Clean restrooms, plunger sinks, and toilets, and replenish supplies.
- Change interior light bulbs that can be reached from the sixth step of a ladder or lower.
- Complete work requests to notify management of needed repair work.
- Remove snow and ice and apply salt and/or ice-melting products to assigned areas when needed.
- Organize and supply custodial closets as needed.
- Move, remove, and/or set up furniture, furnishings, supplies, equipment, and any other items, inside specified rooms for special functions as directed.
- Additional job-related duties as required by the supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to read, write and comprehend at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Willingness to learn.
- Criminal background check. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds. • Ability to push, pull, stand, bend, stoop, and kneel. • Walk up to 8 hours per day.
- Climb ladders, scaffolds up to 6’ high, and stairs.
• Able to use basic hand tools.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance