Line cooks will be responsible for all aspects of food preparation and execution to the exact specifications of the establishment, chef, and guest, including a final presentation for delivery to guests. They will be expected to skillfully apply culinary techniques including basic knife skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
Our Line Cook positions offer both AM and PM shift opportunities at any of our three restaurants: The Barn, The Dogwood, and The Main House.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Food preparation tasks as assigned by the Sous Chefs, including basic vegetable preparation, vinaigrettes, and salads, stocks, and other basic tasks, as well as meat fabrication, sauce making, and other advanced techniques
- Cleaning work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift
- A central role in the production of finished dishes during service periods
- Assisting with receiving deliveries to the kitchen
- Able to take direction, and to follow recipes
- Work in a supervised environment
- Works at a steady pace, with a service orientation and the ability to quicken pace as required
- Able to coordinate production over multiple days and plan for a smooth transition when other team members take over the station
- Able to plan out workday and accomplish multiple tasks
- Knows basic food product identification
- Able to maintain organized and sanitary work station
- Knows how to work in a team environment.
- Tasting food for quality assurance
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Basic understanding of proper food handling procedures (blanching, sautéing, standard breading)
- Intermediate knife skills
- Basic kitchen operations experience
- Experience cooking in a high level, fast-paced kitchen
- Must be able to read and understand recipes
- Must be able to communicate with other cooks to ensure timely delivery of dishes to guests
- Knowledge and understanding of basic math
- Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time
- Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Professional kitchen
- 4,200 acres of Blackberry Farm property
Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain are joined together with our core belief that our teams are at the heart of all we do. At Blackberry, we see ourselves as family, focused on our 18 foundations uniting us in our mission to support Legendary Hospitality, Memorable Experiences, and Generational Sustainability.
Blackberry Farm provides a world-class hospitality experience for our guests. Our attention to every detail, impeccable service, unique activity offerings, and outstanding cuisine has helped Blackberry Farm earn its pedigree as one of the most celebrated small luxury resorts in the world.
- James Beard Award Winner- Outstanding Service
- James Beard Award Winner- Best Wine Program
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Resort in North America
- Andrew Harper- #1 Food and Wine Resort
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Service in North America
- 4,200 Acre Working Farm setting the standard for Farm to Table Cuisine
For immediate application and interview, please feel free to stop by our Staffing and Support Office located at 108 W. Church Ave. Maryville, TN 37801 between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm, Monday- Friday. Please bring your resume or your employment history.
Blackberry Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.