Help Desk Administrator
The Help Desk Administrator will support, maintain, and evaluate the computer networking and telecommunication systems. The position will install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop workstations; assist in maintaining corporate network infrastructure, network security systems, e-mail systems, and other software packages. The position will troubleshoot guest facing technology, as well as assist with events setting up required technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Triage and dispatch help desk tickets within the help desk ticketing system
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the computer systems and network including hardware and software support
- Assist with maintaining the corporate network (Includes implementation of new equipment in addition to the maintenance and troubleshooting of existing systems)
- Assist with maintaining the telecommunications systems. Includes installing new phones, equipment and cabling, voicemail maintenance and general troubleshooting
- Oversee and maintain user workstations including IP phones, laptops, desktops, monitors and printers
- Assist in managing the company’s wireless systems. Including the addition of new access points and general troubleshooting
- Assist in maintaining and improving network performance through ongoing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors as needed
- Secures network by monitoring network access and performance; maintaining documentation
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference documents and support
- Administrative tasks for IT department to include but not limited to maintaining checklists, updating documentation, and other tasks
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organizational value by protection of confidential information
- Accomplishes organizational goals by participating in large projects, addressing guest facing IT issues in a timely manner, and exploring opportunities to add value to the organization through departmental accomplishments
- Follow directions of supervisor or any member of management
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position, regular and predictable attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology is preferred but not required
- Windows desktop
- Windows server OS is desirable
- Active Directory is desirable
- Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 is desirable
- Mitel phone systems is desirable
- Micros point of sale systems is desirable
- Opera property management system is desirable
- Experience with A/V systems is desirable
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, managers and team members
- Excellent communication and writing skills and professional appearance is required
- Basic knowledge and understanding of math and Excel
- Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals
- Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual or practical problems
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- General Office
- 4,200 acres of Blackberry Farm property
- 5,200 acres of Blackberry Mountain property
Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain are joined together with our core belief that our teams are at the heart of all we do. At Blackberry, we see ourselves as family, focused on our 18 foundations uniting us in our mission to support Legendary Hospitality, Memorable Experiences and Generational Sustainability.
Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain, Relais & Châteaux properties located in the Great Smoky Mountains, continue the traditions of unparalleled hospitality and luxury that has always been the hallmark of the Blackberry brand. Combining land conservation, modern-day luxuries and captivating natural setting, the two resorts create vacation experiences unlike any other. Activities abound at Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain offering the opportunity for every guest to create an ideal experience to enjoy the properties and the region, whether theyre seeking the thrill of adventure, the relaxation of a spa immersion or quality time around the table enjoying celebrated cuisine.
Blackberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.