Child Support Specialist II
The purpose of this position is to progress cases through the legal system to ultimately provide and enforce child support. The specialist establishes paternity, establishes a legal obligation of financial and/or medical support and enforces the obligation through a variety of remedies. The work is performed within legally mandated timeframes and in compliance with federal and Tennessee laws, rules, and regulations.
- Secure information necessary to complete legal documents.
- Initiate actions to secure payment.
- Update computer system with accurate information obtained.
- Respond to inquiries from parties involved.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of case information.
- Maintain good relations with Clerks of Court, law enforcement, and the public and private sector in general.
- Operate a computer keyboard.
- Read and interpret computer screens and court orders.
- Learn, understand, and apply the many rules, regulations, policies, and procedures related to child support.
- Accurately enter information and produce documents from a computerized case management system, completing required actions timely.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Public relations skills to maintain positive working relationships with employees, customers, attorneys and external organizations.
- Must pass a background check.
Paid time off, including state holidays
No nights or weekends
401k/457 deferred compensation