Intakes customer vehicles, determine customer needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicate job status to customer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist Service Manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Get accurate information from customers on concerns and complaints and state them plainly on a service work order so that a technician can easily diagnose them.
· Accurately estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate the information to the customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resources.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts (pick tickets).
· Perform cashier functions, as needed.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of warranty parts.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the TALON system and other computer systems required for service and parts tasks.
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
Current, valid motorcycle license.