true Pricing Strategist - Edu SaaS & Services
Develop winning pricing strategies for CDW’s Amplified for Education SaaS & Services portfolio, through financial analysis, market research and coordination with vendor partners. Present concise information to stakeholders to make informed decisions about competitiveness and profitability of product lines and strategic opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review Saas & Services portfolio on an annual basis and develop price strategy and profitability analysis; provide recommendations to Sr. management, including executives.
- Prepare pricing for use in strategic proposals.
- Analyze pricing post-award to assist in maximizing profitability on existing business.
- Establish working relationships with key CDW vendor partners and gather contact information for pricing.
- Establish working relationship with CDW internal departments to understand business level profitability and market competitiveness.
- Leverage existing CDW internal pricing tools to support quote preparation process; assist in development or enhancement of pricing tools.
- Complete periodic project work related to developing new or enhanced pricing strategies and methodologies.
- Present training to Sales and other groups as requested on best practices with respect to pricing large opportunities.
- Occasional travel to other CDW locations for training or to attend pre-bid conferences as practical.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years pricing within large company, preferably in IT sector.
- Exhibits leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Documented results of successful SaaS or services pricing strategies
- Demonstrated experience with value-based pricing methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines, multiple projects and follow-up
- Strategic thinker able to identify winning themes and solutions
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Applicant should have the desire and ability to travel up to 20% to visit other CDW locations for training or to attend pre-bid conferences
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data for use in proposals
- Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials in order to train Program Sales and other groups as requested on best practices with respect to pricing large opportunities
- Accounting certification or MBA
- Technical sales experience
- 5 years pricing experience with SaaS or Services
- 10 years pricing within large company, preferably in IT sector