true ServiceNow Principal Business Process Consultant - SecOps & IRM
The Principal Business Process Consultant applies their technical breadth, industry experience, and business acumen to develop successful CDW ServiceNow strategy and solutions to meet the needs of the business. Collaborating with stakeholders across all areas and at all levels of the enterprise, the Principal Business Process Consultant leads consultative interactions to guide clients toward solutions that impact the organization’s ability to operate with greater efficiency, effectiveness, and with less risk.
With a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry trends, the Principal Business Process Consultant builds and develops trusted relationships as a client advisor, while partnering across ServiceNow Solutions teams to deliver valuable solutions.
As a leader among peers, the Principal Business Process Consultant has responsibility for at least one (1) Advisory Services Practice and is accountable for the quality and completeness of Practice artifacts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead business process definition, re-engineering, improvement and to-be processes during Examine Workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of client requirements and assist the project team in applying industry best practices and detailed knowledge of ServiceNow to help design optimal solutions that support the business process and its functional requirements.
- Assist the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture and the production of business functionality requirements statements.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and Engagement Managers to deliver successful solutions that accomplish business objectives
- The Principal Business Process Consultant serves as Practice Lead for at least one (1) Advisory Services Practice, aligned to ServiceNow Business Unit or other core ServiceNow Solutions product (example: ITIL Training). As Practice Lead, the Principal Business Process Consultant coordinates Practice activity with peers and with SNS R&D Technical Architects, having ultimate accountability for the quality and completeness of Practice Area artifacts.
- The Principal Business Process Consultant may serve as Process Owner on at least one (1) Advisory Services Practice, aligned to ServiceNow Business Unit or other core ServiceNow Solutions product (example: ITIL Training). Process Ownership may, but does not have to, align to the Principal Business Process Consultant’s Practice Leadership.
- Within client engagements, identify areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Document and present insights and recommended solutions to meet business objectives
- Define and document the impact the ServiceNow solution will have on an organization’s ability to operate and transform their business
- Recommend metrics and KPI’s to quantify the impact of the solution and drive continual service improvement
- Prepare and deliver roadmaps to accelerate the adoption and maturity of Enterprise Service Management
- Create and present proposals, including ServiceNow product and services
- Communicate the value of a Center of Excellence for the ServiceNow platform and how to manage platform demand from idea to implementation
- Document client business needs in the form of functional stories and acceptance criteria.
- Develop and deliver end-user training.
- Conduct Consultant-led User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems and relay that in English and not just IT jargon.
- Lead functional testing to deliver services that meet requirements, work as expected and integrate with other business services.
- As a leader among peers, the Principal Business Process Consultant is expected to mentor other Business Process Consultants, whether new to the team or established. This may include observing and providing feedback on another team member’s workshops, reviewing functional stories, previewing content for delivery, and assisting others with deliverables.
- The Principal Business Process Consultant is the domain expert in their Practice. Accordingly, the Principal Business Process Consultant will be called upon to oversee multiple smaller engagements within their area(s) of expertise. This allows the Principal Business Process Consultant to influence more engagements than they could on their own, while developing other team members’ knowledge and confidence.
- The Principal Business Process Consultant will be tasked with leading multi-workstream engagements on which multiple Business Process Consultants are staffed. In this case, the Principal Business Process Consultant will serve in a process architect capacity, ensuring all business process elements of the engagement are well-coordinated.
- Maintain curiosity and proactive familiarity with ServiceNow capabilities and industry / business best practice and share knowledge with the entire team.
- Demonstrate accountability for delivery against business goals and objectives.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow Solutions teams Identify, lead, and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery and Advisory Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements Serve as first line contact to assist Pre-Sales with scoping service engagements.
- Serve as first line contact with Business Analysts to advise on and ensure continuity in process guidance and delivery among Business Process Consultants and Business Analysts.
- Continually look for ways to improve systems and processes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- At least 15 years of experience in service management, service delivery, or related field such as IT, Human Resources, Security Operations, and Customer Service Management
- At least two (2) years of experience with the ServiceNow platform, ideally as a platform owner, platform manager, or product owner.
- ITILv3 or ITIL4 Certification, Foundation level
- Extensive enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of program teams
- In addition to ITSM, expert level familiarity with at least two (2) of the following product lines: CSM, HR, ITBM, ITOM, Performance Analytics, SecOps, Software Asset Management, or Hardware Asset Management.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including technical levels, mid-level management, and leadership
- Demonstrated experience with leading teams and complex projects
- Experience in leading and managing business transformation for mid to large sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization
- Ability to guide and coach leadership teams and executives with transformational efforts
- Understanding and real-world application of a holistic view of maturity including: People, Process, and Product/Technology
- Familiarity with Organizational Change Management methodologies and approaches
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Proven ability to negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Deep experience and demonstrated ability to promote and lead positive change in the organization
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts clearly to executive level management
- Strong organization and facilitation skills to drive the execution of customer programs and organization strategies
- A deep understanding of the ServiceNow platform to be consultative and provide customers guidance and best practices in designing their solution.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software
- Self-motivation / Self-direction – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and engagement delivery context
- Intrinsic curiosity and passion about researching current and emerging trends in IT and specific industries
- Ability to conduct product demonstrations and effectively communicate ServiceNow value proposition and key differentiators.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as customers.
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills.
- Experience speaking with both business and technical customers at all levels.
- Ability to understand data findings to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites.
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
- ITIL Practitioner or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps, an advantage.