true SR Major Incident Manager II
Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The Sr Major Incident Manager II focuses on facilitating incidents for critical applications. The scope of this role will also include a focus on continuous improvement of configuration, incident, problem, change, and service level management activities. The goal is to restore service to our Users, Stakeholders, and Customers as quickly as possible. The Incident Management team is a 24x7 organization and the Incident Manager works a variety of tasks related to monitoring, incident facilitation and communication. An Incident Manager will be expected to handle complex incident detection/situations and provides guidance/coaching to junior team members. The Incident Manager prioritizes systems/applications reliability work using service level objectives (SLOs) to measure the performance of supported applications, cloud, system, or services based on service level indicators (SLIs), which measure the service level provided to customers. The Incident Manager is also experienced in MIM (Major Incident Management) processes, monitoring tools, has a technical background in infrastructure, with ITSM tools and can identify big picture patterns / multi-application incidents and can drive technical questions during an incident. The Incident Manager will have strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
What you will do:
- Monitor system management consoles and respond to alerts.
- Facilitate Major Incident conference calls independently performing multiple roles including, Situation Leader, Scribe and Communications,
- Facilitates trouble-shooting efforts, Liaison between Crisis team and leadership, Drives for resolution by engaging the right technical teams for high complexity Incidents.
- Identify and assign tasks to technical resources.
- Monitor and track the technical response effort.
- For High-Risk Changes, performs impact and risk analysis to ensure the risks/impacts to customers and services are thoroughly understood and to ensure that appropriate actions have been planned to minimize both the risk of failure and the impact on customers.
- Leads incident management lifecycle, including assembling the relevant stakeholders, assisting work towards the root cause, and ensuring senior IT leadership is apprised of progress and recommendations for closure.
- Work with Technology first level support teams to understand the impact of an incident and prioritize response appropriately.
- Facilitate incident activities and ensure communications and escalations occur within agreed guidelines.
- Leads (high impact) business services restoration via coordinated incident bridges across the organization and external partners.
- Complete any assigned project work or tasks, with a view to improving existing processes, capabilities and seek out automation opportunities.
- Partner with Technology Change Manager on ascertaining risks of up-coming changes.
- Manage, monitor, and ensure SLA’s/SLO’s are achieved by internal teams and 3rd party business partners.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of incident management processes, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and organizational objectives.
- Leads ITIL Incident Management processes, providing day to day guidance to other Operations Analysts related to the process.
- Performs detailed analysis of process compliance across all of IT and works to continually improve the maturity and adoption of ITIL and ITSM processes within Technology.
- Develop procedures for incident management, metric and measure creation, management, and administration of monitoring tools.
- Accountable for the overall process efficiency and effectiveness
- Leads and ensures the design of the Incident Management process aligns with the business and industry best practices.
- Possess strong technical knowledge across various IT domains, enabling effective evaluation and resolution of complex incidents.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends, recurring issues, and potential areas for improvement in systems, processes, or procedures
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Management or a related discipline preferred.
- 7 years of overall service management experience.
- Prior Major Incident Management experience, with experience of directly managing critical and complex IT Incidents.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem management
- Experience with service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs)
- Understanding of fundamental technology concepts including hardware components, operating systems, software and applications, networking, types of servers (web, application, databases) and services.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: mainframe, networking, middleware
- Proven experience in incident management, preferably in a technical or IT operations role.
- Proficiency in using incident management tools and related software.
- Expert understanding of ITIL frameworks related to incident management, applied at Enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated ability in exercising initiative to produce desired results and achieve objectives.
- Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
Ability to adapt quickly, learn new processes and develop new skill sets, continuous learner.
- Proven experience of coaching, mentoring colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management, including officers.
- Prior experience in an IT Production or Operational Support role, a plus\
- ITIL Foundation V3 / V4, a plus
- Major Incident Management tool experience, preferably with ServiceNow MIM, a plus
- Automation experience with ITSM processes (e.g., ServiceNow integration hub), a plus
- Familiarity and certification on IT and business governance frameworks such as COBIT, PCI and SOX a plus.
- Affiliation with industry group a plus.
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.