true IT Systems Engineer 4
As technical expert with complete latitude in day-to-day decision-making and focus on Product Support Management and Design Interface, performs systems engineering tasks required for providing IT capability and infrastructure to deliver IT solutions at both enterprise and local site levels within the DTAMM environment IAW DoD, USSF, SLD 30 WR, SLD 45 ER and DTAMM policies and procedures. Provides software systems engineering approaches for requirement development and Technical Requirements Documentation. Performs requirements traceability matrix development for verification and validation of requirements to be implemented using an Agile-based software development approach. Provides inputs for risks, impacts and potential changes to product quality and project scope, schedule, and costs during the Agile software development phase. Provides systems engineering, system mapping, and other technical services required to design, model, test, pilot, and implement the systems and infrastructure services, IAW established architectures and security standards. Employs a holistic approach to engineering the collective DTAMM effort, using impactful technology solutions and best practices, including risk management, control procedures, and lessons learned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
- Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Translates requirements into specifications and plans. Researches and evaluates new cross-domain technologies and information management trends, initiating vendor engagements, when necessary, to chart potential technology and trend insertions to shape and expand the DTAMM IT capability.
- Assists in planning near and long-term architecture objectives and supports acquisition strategies.
- Analyzes technical impacts to the baseline, and ensures technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability across functions within the enterprise to include cyber security and information protection, infrastructure, cloud, and software systems.
- Supports technology demonstrations and Technology Roadmap maintenance.
- Develops test plans, conducts integration testing, and certifies solutions for introduction into the production environment.
- Supports operations teams with troubleshooting and escalations.
- Develops work and engineering plans, BOMs, estimates, site integration technical design packages, configuration documents, and other procedures and reports, as well as templates for deliverable artifacts, forms, and checklists.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 9 years’ experience