true Managing Consultant - AEM Architect - Digital Velocity
The Managing Consultant plans, directs, and coordinates technical activities of designated Adobe Experience Cloud projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration and updates/communication with a high degree of client satisfaction. Teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow-on sales.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced Digital consulting solutions to clients. This role will focus on building software solutions using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and related Adobe products that meet the business needs of our clients. This role may perform activities such as architecture definition, component design, component development, systems integration, and testing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly serves in the lead consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serve as the technical architect with responsibility for managing client expectations for specific Adobe Experience Cloud projects, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. As part of this role, performs technical oversight of all deliverables and is responsible for ensuring the technical quality of the deliverables.
- Identifies all points of contact from the system perspective and establishes contact with necessary stakeholders
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps & inconsistencies and eliminate conflicting requirements
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients
- Participates in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients
- Provides input to final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team members
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality
- Consistently achieves outstanding Client Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Builds client-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability
- Directly interacts with clients, sales personnel, and CDW Presales Architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for technology solutions. Pursuit activities include meeting with C-Suite personnel and creating and delivering presentations to drive Digital and/or Data solutions
- Creates solution prototypes and POCs that illustrate business value and garner client buy-in
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Assists with the creation of proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOWs), solution work estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery integration, implementation and delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice goals
- Develops Cost/Benefit Analysis and rationale for large complex projects or programs with input from others on the account team
- Provides technical leadership for Adobe Experience Cloud projects, particularly relating to AEM Sites and Assets, but also including typical points of integration such as Adobe Launch, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Target
- Conducts research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of client delivery efforts
- Catalogues existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans), and evangelizing the use of practice IP by delivery teams
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader at a regional level.
Staff Oversight: Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Directly supervises project staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodology, deliverable preparation, and client presentation
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- Steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls promptly, completes time cards in a timely manner, and submits expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least eight (8) years related work experience with AEM and other Adobe Experience Cloud products.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead technical requirements gathering and design sessions with client stakeholders.
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, examining the entire business application from the business process to the end user.
- Ability to analyze a client website, identify functionality, and map to candidate components and templates within AEM, distinguishing between existing components that can be used out-of-the-box, existing components that require customization, and new custom components.
- Leads and coordinates Sprints and Releases based on the priority of client needs.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to client stakeholders, with responsibility for managing client expectations while seeking out and fostering additional opportunities with clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall delivery of quality on-time deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge, implementation skills, and understanding of the core AEM Sites and Assets stack and AEM architectural concepts.
- Experience with AEM Sites and Assets administration, upgrades, and migrations.
- Experience developing custom AEM Sites and Assets components, templates, and workflows.
- Experience integrating AEM with other Adobe and non-Adobe products.
- Experience with core frameworks, such as Java EE, Apache, Felix, OSGI, Apache Sling, and Sightly.
- Experience with calling RESTful services.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and CDW team members, including management and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple solutions and/or disciplines.
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems.
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery.
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary.
- Experience creating technical documentation and communicating effectively in various written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks and at times resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment.
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use common Java design patterns and a working knowledge of AEM best practices to create custom templates, components, workflows, and dialogs.
- Experience with AEM as a Cloud Service.
- Experience with AEM Edge Delivery Services (Franklin).
- Experience with configuring and using Cloud Manager for AEM deployments.
- Experience with AEM Multi Site Manager, AEM Forms, Adobe Campaign and/or Adobe Target.
- Experience with developing W3C and/or event-driven data layers for integration with Adobe Analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java development and deployment tools, such as Eclipse, Maven, and Git.
- Experience developing systems using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in documenting user stories, system test scripts, and user acceptance test scripts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Analysis modeling tools (e.g. Activity Diagrams, Process Flows, State Diagrams).
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty, such as:
- AEM Certified Master - Architect
- AEM Certified Expert - Developer
- AEM Certified Expert – Dev/Ops Engineer
Data Privacy and Security
- All CDW employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with CDW policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate CDW authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability and willingness to travel up to 30% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Sr. Consultant levels, plus the following:
Business Insight - Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
Interpersonal Savvy - Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
Organizational Savvy - Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, and influence. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done.
Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
Builds Effective Teams - Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
Drives Vision and Purpose - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.