true Manager - Proposal Teams
Coach, mentor, motivate and develop a team of proposal professionals that support specific CDW sales segments to accelerate revenue growth by providing proposal management and support. This position will work closely with the senior management team and present findings and analysis to senior management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate and manage the effort to recruit, hire and train proposal staff, and execute activities such as goal setting, project identification, developing individual development plans and writing annual appraisals.
- Generate periodic reporting and communicate departmental productivity and capture results.
- Develop appropriate project plans, staffing plans and management plans.
- Contribute to key opportunities by taking a hands-on, developmental role in all facets of proposal development, including capture strategies.
- Provide consultation and development to coworkers to assist in achievement of their professional goals and support day-to-day workload. Delegate tasks, motivate the team, and provide consistent direction to manage the cumulative efforts of the group to highest ROI for CDW.
- Prepare regular internal reviews of proposal team performance specific to individual win rates and quality of proposal product.
- Develop strategic business plans by segment/region for contract capture to support the sales organization.
- Drive effective collaboration between proposal team and other stakeholders such as Program Management, Capture and Business Development, Contract Negotiations, and Sales.
- Manage corporate communication relevant to proposal team and other stakeholders.
- Work with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Identify and champion projects target at improved efficiency and/or quality of responses.
- Monitor and ensure proposed contractual terms and conditions are aligned with CDW preferred position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- Participation in successful proposal or project management efforts.
- 5 years relevant experience: Sales, Sales Operations, Business Analysis, Financial analysis or related field.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to facilitate change and delegate responsibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel as needed to various CDW locations. (10-25% travel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with coworkers, management and executives.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills required along with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Ability to align performance for success and build a successful team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach as an immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrated project management success with measurable results.
- APMP Certification
- Two years management experience with multiple teams and twelve or more coworkers
- Experience managing teams within CDW.
- Experience in or working with Sales and specifically IT.
- Experience with Financial and Business modeling.