true Supervisor, Content
Content Supervisor leads the development of customer facing content for proposal responses with the goal of creating compelling and persuasive content to drive revenue growth through proposal wins. Supervisor will lead vision and direction of proposal content and is responsible for all aspects of organizing and maintaining the proposal content library, from content strategy and SME outreach to drafting, editing, and updating content, and serving as administrator of CDW’s third-party proposal content software. Supervisor will collaborate with proposal team managers on segment-specific requests, and when needed, contribute custom content for use in strategic proposal responses. Initially functioning as an individual contributor, over time the Supervisor will help build and lead a team of direct reports dedicated to content management.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Write accurate and relevant content for customer facing RFx and ITB related materials and proposal content library.
- Edit existing content for accuracy, grammar, and relevancy, ensuring content conforms to CDW’s Style Guide.
- Effectively communicate with SMEs at all levels of the organization to write and curate new content and obtain timely updates to existing content.
- Manage content review calendar to ensure content compliance.
- Develop strategic content plans by sales segment and technology to aid in contract capture.
- Work closely with proposal teams to uncover needs for new templates and update existing templates.
- Remain knowledgeable on current technology, proposal trends, and CDW capabilities to develop relevant content.
- Serve as CDW’s primary representative to proposal content software company, manage the distribution of licenses, support technology upgrades, and resolve technical issues related to the proposal content database.
- Communicate regularly with proposal teams to inform about new content, educate on new proposal content software features, and gather feedback on potential improvements.
- Train new users on how to utilize content software and act as “help desk” for content users.
- Report on data trends related to content library usership.
- Assist in special projects to support the management directives of the company.
- Act as a strategic business partner and work collaboratively with other CDW departments.
- Determine short and long term needs for tools and information systems to support the organization and drive efficiency.
- Recruit, hire, and train content support staff and execute activities such as goal setting, project identification, development plans, and writing annual appraisals.
- Lead and motivate team, delegate tasks, and provide consistent direction to manage the cumulative efforts of the group to highest ROI for CDW.
- Build strategies and processes that result in increased proposal wins and improved efficiencies throughout the department and organization.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years relevant experience: Writing, Content Management, Proposals, and/or Editing.
- Demonstrated track record of success with managing content.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative.
- Ability to facilitate change and delegate responsibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Proposals—RFPs, RFIs, ITBs, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management, and executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with proposal team members and management, being amiable and receptive to feedback and ideas related to content.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills required along with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Ability to align performance for success and build a successful team.
- Two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Experience with proposal content software and CRM tools.
- Experience with Adobe suite and graphic design.
- Experience with IT Sales.
- Degree in English, Journalism, or Library Science.