true Sr Accountant I, Financial Reporting
Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
The Senior Corporate Accountant is an organized, detail-oriented professional who assists with a wide range of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting responsibilities associated with Health Benefits, Payroll, Payroll Tax liability and related coworker expenses. Candidates need to bring strong analytical skills to the role and should be capable of handling challenging, fast-paced work environments. You will work with cross functional stakeholders in finance, tax, financial operations, treasury as well as others. You will be the key point of contact for offshore staff accountants to help direct and review daily tasks.
What you will do:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- General ledger operations including performing account substantiations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Ensure financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of Coworker expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Guide non-financial functional areas through accounting rationale and impact on reporting and control.
- Analyze actual results and provide explanations for variances to plan and prior year.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Financial and SOX audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on improving business results and processes.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting, or another major.
- External candidates: 3 years previous accounting or financial audit experience.
- Internal candidates: 2 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Solid technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- CPA Preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management) Preferred
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.