true Associate Consulting Engineer - MS Azure - Infrastructure as a Service
Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of technology leaders to collaborate and master complex solutions to business requirements. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The program is a meaningful milestone-based, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into a Consultant Engineer on CDW’s services team where you will continue to accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals and pursue certifications incorporated into the program.
- Driving architecture and delivering customer solutions on the Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Take your collaboration to the next level by partnering with technical and business staff of customers following troubleshooting, consulting, and change management best practices leading towards more complex future engagements.
- Pre-Sales – listen and observe sales activities, understand the customer needs, ask appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings, communicate customer information and requirements with the project team, review statements of work (SOW), validating scope and tactical project requirements.
- Design – read design documents and contribute to the development of customer solutions. Participate in joint technology design sessions, providing technical analysis on implementation sequencing.
- Implementation – perform assigned engagement activities as directed. Troubleshoot, break-fix tickets, complete service requests, and complete device software updates. This may include configuration implementation, patching, or other activities.
- Operations – Participate in remediation for post incident reviews. Recognize opportunity for resolution and own what is needed to drive resolution, identify and recommend support process improvements. Contribute to Wiki forums and provide feedback/questions to stimulate discussion, intellectual capital and continuous process improvement.
- Consulting – work with customers to understand their business needs and drivers.
By joining our team, be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects and Solution Architects to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Candidate should possess one of the following:
- BA/BS including concentration in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline or;
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline plus 1 year of relevant practical experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs. of equipment
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- Certification with Microsoft Azure
- 1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Experience in planning, deployment and operational support of advanced technologies and applications
- Ability to demonstrate consulting experience