true PMO Manager - Security
As part of CDW’s Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS) organization, PMO Leads apply the necessary professional breadth and depth to drive successful CDW offerings and raise the overall capabilities of Program and Project Managers. PMO Leads support their Program and Project Managers while also engaging with CDW PMO Solution Domain Managers, presales, clients, and internal teams to achieve outstanding service delivery solutions.
PMO Leads are team and project thought leaders at CDW. The PMO Lead is responsible for leadership in driving towards finance, operations, growth, scale, coworker performance management, and internal / external client quarterly and yearly targets. This role will be the practice leader for Project Management in CDW’s Services organization, with focus on the following directives:
- Partner with Solution Domain Managers to create and maintain a strategic vision for that region or practice area within the CDW PMO.
- Provide thought leadership in building and improving service offerings around CDW’s project management portfolio, supporting the cultivation of the region/practice area and its contribution to the overall success of the PMO.
- Master tools and methodologies for solution delivery excellence.
- Mentor Program and Project Managers on tools, methodologies, and consultative skills to provide value to our customers.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and be seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
- Take a lead role in defining, developing, and supporting project delivery; prepares the team to be successful through proactive training, sharing knowledge, and communicating best practices.
- Work with other PMO Leads to focus on consistent project delivery across the PMO regardless of region or practice area.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for successful outcomes, gross profit and profitability of a 20+ million-dollar project portfolio.
- Engages in project rescue efforts and acts an initial point of contact for escalations.
- Laser focus on the client experience and ability to work with Sales leadership and other functional leadership to attain best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Full HR and performance management responsibility for a team of approximately 8 direct reports while maintaining a personal utilization requirement.
- Focuses on team and self-continuous improvement and is the "Go To" person for project management expertise, both technically and strategically in their respective region or technology domain.
- Coaches and mentors team members to improve their technical, consulting, and pre-sales skills.
- Ability to utilize equity-based training techniques and inform assigned team members on changes in methodology, procedures, tools, and templates.
- Promotes a “can do” culture and collaborative problem-solving mindset.
- Acts as a resource to peers and sales for advice and recommendations on program structure and delivery.
- Acts as a quality control agent and ensures team members’ projects meet, and exceed, standardized quality and consistency requirements.
- Creates and delivers PMO centric presentations on key and relevant topics.
- Leads team and portfolio review meetings with assigned team members.
- Manages and looks for ways to increase assigned team utilization attainment.
- Ability and desire to assist and lead internal initiative efforts focused on developing standardized templates, tools, methodology standards, and PMO brand value enhancement activities whenever possible.
- Assists Sr. PMO Managers with new hires, leads shadow assignments and proactively provides mentorship and guidance to new hires to accelerate productivity.
- Engages in the interview processes for new hires and performance evaluations for current team members.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Acts as a first line escalation contact for sales and client escalations regarding project management and client satisfaction in their respective region or technology area.
- Ability to quickly identify and outline needed implementation steps to mitigate client satisfaction issues, as well as being able to proactively spot and rectify client satisfaction issues before they occur via regular 1:1 meeting with team members and creating relationships with Sales leadership.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed. Additionally, coaches team members on the importance and techniques for spotting additional sales opportunities.
- Looks for opportunities to proactively evangelize the ITS Practice (Integrated Technology Solutions) value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners to generate additional revenue opportunities to CDW.
- Delivers presentations and conducts presales conversations with confidence and credibility to C-level clients, both in small meeting and large group formats.
- Defines and shares best practices and methodologies with sales teams to promote consistent, successful solution delivery that focuses on the client experience.
- Defines and shares best practices and tactics for enhancing profitability with both sales and the PMO team members.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Seven-year minimum project and program management experience
- Previous consulting management and/or sales management experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in both traditional and Agile project management principles and practices
- Proven success of engaging and working with pre-sales and sales teams
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating, coaching, and mentoring
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for continual learning and improvement
- Motivated and self-starting
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Experience with team operations including responsibility for revenue and cost targets.
- Strong influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Project Management Tools - JIRA, ADO, etc.
- Previous experience navigating a matrix organization
- Relevant Certifications (e.g., CSM, PSM, CSP, SPC, PMP, SAFe, etc.)