true Technical Project Manager II
The project manager will lead technology projects from conception to execution, including gathering of business and system requirements, management of software design and development activities including: the development and maintenance of the project work plan and project schedule; budget tracking; conducting status meetings; developing status reports; tracking issues; and assisting with change control. In additional, the project manager will serve as business area liaison to understand the functions of that area and act as a primary contact for managing new project requests. This role is guided by CDW’s project management methodology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to clarify requirements and business objectives, as well as acquire necessary commitments and approvals.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Maintain current understanding and knowledge of project management, business relationship management, and development best practices.
- Manage projects according to the CDW project management methodologies.
- Facilitate requirements gathering utilizing facilitated focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with stakeholders to solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop high-level system narratives, use cases, and storyboards
- Coordinate the development of the detailed functional design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Develop detailed estimates, schedules for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, budgets, and business cases.
- Responsible for helping the Product Owner manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Facilitate the removal of impediments, track team’s progress toward goals.
- Supports the adoption of scaled practices across the enterprise by coaching stakeholders and other non-agile teams on effective interactions with agile teams.
- Facilitate team events, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective ensuring they are productive and kept within the timebox.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business\Economics, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 3 years Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of high-risk initiatives, working under project management methodology.
- 3 years of experience focusing on IT technologies.
- Track record of identifying and documenting business needs
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- History of managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Advanced modeling techniques experience, including software, system, and data
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Project Management Certifications
- Business Process Transformation Experience