true Cyber Security Instructor - Incident Response and General Cyber Courses - Part Time - 1099 Contract
Focal Point Academy is seeking a skilled and motivated cyber instructor to create, maintain, and deliver courses in highly virtualized environments. Instructors will create course material, design training exercises, deliver training to students, and assess results. Instructors leverage deep subject matter expertise in relevant technical disciplines to provide a high-quality learning experience for our students. Through their work, the Instructor will empower students to develop and validate their cyber skills creating immediate job and career opportunities.
*This is a 1099/contract position - part time / as needed basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Accurately identifies skill level of participants and aligns delivery of course material to match individual students’ needs.
- Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning environment.
- Researches future direction of technology relevant to cyber security and incorporates new topics in the development and delivery of cyber content.
- Deploys, maintains, and secures classroom equipment, images, and materials in virtual classrooms or in facilities around the globe.
- Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the Continental United States.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber security consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students on technical material and applications.
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior problems.
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs, creates practice opportunities during the training session.
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering or other relevant field, or 5+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Information Security Professional with significant experience and background in cyber security.
- Exceptional, effective classroom communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)