true Sr Engineer-Managed Services - Storage
CDW’s vision is to be the national provider of Managed Services. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Engineers at CDW are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at CDW are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consulting in a specialized area of technology (Networking, Unified Communications, Systems, Virtualization, and Storage).
- Design plan, and implement solutions using the latest technology.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Provide design, implementation, technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
- Understand and Deliver Managed Services offerings as outlined in the CDW Service
- Descriptions and Service Catalog.
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the CDW ManS Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning.
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade technology infrastructures.
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approvalAs a
- Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects.
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc.).
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (i.e.: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
- Minimum of Five years of experience in Engineering
- Experience with administrating SAN/NAS storage solutions to include one or more of the following:
- Storage Network: Cisco and Brocade SAN Switches, FibreChannel SAN architecture/design/implementation
- NetApp ONTAP, E-Series, StorageGRID
- Dell/EMC: Unity, PowerMax, Isilon/PowerScale
- IBM DS5000, DS8000, Storwize (V5000, V7000), Flash Systems
- Pure FlashArray and FlashBlade
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platforms
- Familiarity with storage based backup and recovery services: DPM, Avamar, vSphere Replication
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the CDW Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers’ business needs
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification