Service Desk Technician
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? We have a position for you within our Technical Service Desk! Join the CGI Service Desk and get your career on the fast track. As a leading-edge Global IT company, we are seeking talented professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support our Clients worldwide.
Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance! You will work in an agile environment that adapts quickly to meet client requirements.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing Level 1 IT support via phone, email and chat; our team is comprised of dynamic, passionate people with a focus customer service while providing IT support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues on 1st contact. We are dedicated to delivering a remarkable service experience to our customers!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide quality customer support for all incoming contacts (via call, chat, email or web ticket) for IT-related issues or requests
• Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and resolution activities for incidents or requests being reported, based on knowledge articles for incident or request processing & fulfillment
• Appropriate use of all tools available for resolution activities (remote take-over, knowledge base, ticketing systems, communication)
• Log & categorize all contacts within an incident management (ticketing system) tool
• Assign contacts that cannot be resolved on the first contact to 2nd/3rd level support teams as per the knowledge base
• Collaborate with 2nd/3rd level teams as required
• Ticket Follow-Up: monitor personal ticket queue daily and take appropriate action
• Identify and escalate urgent / priority incidents as required
• Develop knowledge and keep up to date on new processes or procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Post secondary education in technical support or equivalent work experience
• Solid understanding of Windows O/S systems 7, 8 & 10
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Bilingual (English & French) both verbal and written
• Focus on customer service/client satisfaction
• Attention to details / precision
• Strong analytical skills
• Keyboarding skills
• Familiarity with MAC support
• Dynamic team player
• Strong Communication skills (verbal & written)
• Results-oriented / self-motivated to succeed & evolve skills (continuous improvement)
• Ability to work within a team setting while demonstrating self-sufficiency and independence
• Availability to work shifts and adhere to schedule (good time-management / good organizational skills)
*** Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients
- Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.