CGI is seeking a DevOps Engineer that can innovate with a variety of tools in a cloud environment. If selected for this position, you will join a high-performing team and have the opportunity to influence the operations of a large, complex application directly tied to the mission of a Federal agency. The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and able to solve problems diligently and thoroughly, and who prioritizes team success over individual contribution. They are confident in their abilities, and can contribute their ideas and skills openly and constructively. They ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in DevOps, CI/CD, installing and supporting applications and tools within the SDLC lifecycle, and is able to thoroughly troubleshoot issues.
This position can be worked Nationwide.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Build, Install, configure, and troubleshoot multiple different custom built applications in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes with the ability to troubleshoot cluster issues
- Participate in Kanban and /or Scrum meetings to plan, prioritize, estimate work
- Work with Developers and testers to troubleshoot specific issues by recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
- Work in AWS setting up servers, working with VPCs, etc.
- Write scripts to help automate DevOps processes as appropriate
- Ability to analyze network traffic using Wireshark, tcpdump or related tools
- Experience with provisioning/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience writing code in a language such as: Python, C/C++, Java, C#, Go, Rust
- Effective communicator
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware vCenter or Linux KVM
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies such as Docker or Podman
- Experience with host-based and network-based firewalls
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with a version control code repository
- Experience with networking, including routing and switching
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- This position is part of a project team building a Kubernetes-based capability to support Busid and operations
- You will be looked to for architectural design, systems design, and developing unique and elegant solutions to pressing challenges
- 10+ years experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Experience with the full Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.)
- Demonstrated innovation with DevOps in a cloud environment
- Experience with DevOps automation
CGI is unable to sponsor international hires for this position.
Experience with the following technologies, listed in order of priority, will benefit a candidate. Specific version experience is not required.
• Code Mgmt: GitHub
• Configuration Automation - Ansible
• Binary Repo – JFrog Artifactory
• GitOps tooling for Kubernetes (KBs) – Flux
• Package Manager for KBs – Helm
• Cloud Native Security Platform – Prisma (Twistlock)
• CICD - Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium
• Alerts and Monitoring - Datadog, Google Analytics, New Relic, CloudWatch
• Event Streaming - Kafka
• Container Image Registry - Amazon ECR
• AWS Cloud Native Tools – SQS, SNS, SES, Step, Lambda
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 10 years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $122,900-196,700.
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.