Jr. SW Developer
CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, junior SW developer to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity to help build and modernize the system applications for cloud deployment. Grow your leadership and technical skills with in-demand technologies in a fast-paced environment as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
The preferred location for this position is Nationwide.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative and detail oriented web application developer who enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies, solving problems, and building high-quality software. The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and code the ongoing architecture and development of an emerging application. The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams’ skills and understanding of robust Java applications.
The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design/requirements gathering, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and testing the software.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developed application using Kuberneties
- Certification in Kuberneties is desirable
- Base understanding of data structures (document form, JSON/YAML), problem solving, algorithm design and analysisExtensive use of the Spring Framework: Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Data, etc
- Experience in RESTful systems - specifically relating to API designs
- 2+ years of experience developing Microservices/building and deploying solutions in a Cloud-Based Microservices Architecture
- Secondary Skills: Integration Patterns, Data Analysis, PL/SQL, Kafka
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- Gaining a general understanding of database design and optimizing application access to backend data
CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this role.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Worked in Agile environment
Exposure to a modern Java software development environment and tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, Hibernate, etc.
Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or other similar technologies.
Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success.
Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers.
Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on development tasks and continuously deliver quality code for team review and product owner demonstration.
Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
- Development - Java / JEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring - REST JAX-RS, Web Services, Security, Controllers/Service, Spring Data ORM (Hibernate/JPA 2), JSON
- AWS Cloud Native Tools – SQS, SNS, SES, Step, Lambda
- AWS Analytics – Glue, Redshift, EMR, Elasticsearch, Athena, Sagemaker, Quicksight
- Event Streaming - Kafka
- Web Server – Apache, Application Server – Jboss EAP
- Open Source Frameworks - various includes e.g. commons-*, ehcache, velocity, aopalliance, mail, swagger, etc.
- User authentication and authorization - ForgeRock’s OpenAM, SecureAuth and Okta.
- UI/UX – Angular, Bootstrap
- Databases – AWS RDS for Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Log Management – DataDog
- Alerts and Monitoring - Datadog, Google Analytics, New Relic
- CICD - Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium
- Load Testing – Jmeter
- Code Mgmt: Git, GitHub
- tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.)
- Consulting experience
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5 years
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline preferred.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US eligibility (US citizens and Green Card holders).
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $68,200-109,100.
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.