CGI is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer that can innovate with a variety of tools in a cloud environment. If selected for this position, you will join a high-performing team and have the opportunity to influence the operations of a large, complex application directly tied to the mission of a Federal agency. The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and able to solve problems diligently and thoroughly, and who prioritizes team success over individual contribution. They are confident in their abilities, and can contribute their ideas and skills openly and constructively. They ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline, installing and supporting applications and tools within the SDLC lifecycle, and is able to thoroughly troubleshoot issues.
The preferred location for this position is Nationwide.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Experience Infrastructure as Code with Terrafrom and AWS Cloud formation
• Experience in building the application using AWS Serverless services
• Experience in one of the CI tools (Jenkins etc.)
• Experience in provisioning of Kubernetes with Ansible
• Experience in setting up end-to-end Kubernetes & Microservices Application Delivery Platform
• Build, Install, configure, and troubleshoot multiple different custom built applications in a cloud environment
• Deploy code to several applications through automation
• Participate in Kanban and /or Scrum meetings to plan, prioritize, estimate work
• Work with Developers and testers to troubleshoot specific issues by recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
• Work in AWS setting up services, working with VPCs, etc.
• Write scripts to help automate DevOps processes as appropriate
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years experience in a DevSecOps role
- Experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes architecture and deployment
- Experience with the full Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience with Terraforms Scripts and or CloudFormation scripts
Demonstrated innovation with DevOps in a cloud environment
- Experience with DevSecOps automation
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required (ex: Managerial skills, Team oriented, etc.)
Experience with the following technologies, listed in order of priority, will benefit a candidate. Specific version experience is not required.
• Code Mgmt: GitHub
• Configuration Automation - Ansible
• Binary Repo – JFrog Artifactory
• GitOps tooling for Kubernetes (KBs) – Flux
• Package Manager for KBs – Helm
• Cloud Native Security Platform – Prisma (Twistlock)
• CICD - Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium
• Alerts and Monitoring - Datadog, Google Analytics, New Relic, CloudWatch
• Event Streaming - Kafka
• Container Image Registry - Amazon ECR
• AWS Cloud Native Tools – SQS, SNS, SES, Step, Lambda, Lakeformation
• AWS DevOps Certification is a Plus
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US eligibility.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86,300-138,100.
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework