The Configuration Manager (CM) will play a key role in supporting project teams with the baselining and configuring items involved in their project. CM will recommend improvements to perform on existing configuration management processes and review from the user's point-of-view. CM will develop guidelines ensuring that only secured and accurate data are entered in the database and proposing resolutions for configuration issues.
• Work with Release manager for each release
• Actively engage in your role, make informed decisions, be accountable for all outcomes, and be a positive influence for the program
• Deliver exceptional service to internal and external clients, partners, teammates
• Contribute to the programs and initiatives designed to advance CGI’s strategic priorities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provides overall configuration management infrastructure and environment to the product development team
• Supporting developmental and operational systems
• Creating and maintaining configuration baselines
• Using or recommending automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
• Developing or modifying CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system
• Implementing CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
• Performing change control and configuration audits
• Ensures CM environment facilitates product review, change, and defect tracking activities.
• Updating the CM plan and reporting progress based on change requests, understanding configuration management principles, and the use of CM tools.
• Responsible for the execution of the process which includes operating the defined and agreed process, ensuring it interfaces with all other relevant processes, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the process, performing process audits, and managing the process improvement cycle
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience streamlining CM process to maintain a robust process with continuous improvement to speed up the process
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years' configuration management experience
• ITILv4Foundations certified
• Proven working experience as a Configuration Manager
• Data Analysis Experience is a huge plus
• Knowledge or Experience in Cybersecurity concepts is a plus
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship or Green Card.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000- 120,000
- Change Management (T1)
- Configuration Management
- System Change Management
- Asset Management (T1)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.