Housing Choice Voucher Program SME
**This position is 100% remote but you must be able to travel to Columbus, OH to meet with the client as needed (up to 25% travel).**
CGI Federal’s Housing Sector team collaborates with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has an opening for a Housing Choice Voucher Program Subject Matter Expert.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available for both the affordable housing industry and general business skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports the HCV Program in all departmental activities, including training, and serves in his/her stead as needed.
• Provides expertise in all areas as needed by providing the HCV knowledge is for the day-to-day administrative and operational management of the Housing Programs and customer relations.
• Demonstrates commitment to constant improvement, monitors workflow to assure maximum productivity, and makes sound decisions on resource allocations.
• Helps ensure that program operations are performing at a high level throughout the year and are achieving all performance standards, quality metrics and SEMAP goals as required by HUD.
• Provides expertise, which requires a deep understanding of HUD rules and requirements relative to the Housing Choice Voucher Program eligibility, income, rent, inspections, portability and contract procedures.
• Assist in developing processes to ensure that HCVP maintains a quality customer service-oriented approach
• Provides expertise to help ensure functions tied to the administration of the HCV Program including waiting list administration, intake, occupancy, inspections, quality assurance and customer service.
• Help ensures the Director is well versed in all phases of process are in accordance with established Administrative Plan and HUD regulations
• Ensures effective utilization and troubleshooting of system-of-record software. Manages the data integrity of the system-of-record including successful and timely submissions/corrections of HUD Form 50058 and oversees all regular internal and external reporting.
• Develops and utilizes quantitative and qualitative measures for evaluating the performance of each employee and the performance of the department; highlights issues with staff as concerns arise; and develops and implements procedures for the routine collection of information for these measures.
• Oversees staff performance in accordance with departmental objectives and the Section Eight Management Assessment Program (SEMAP); assesses and discuss activities of HCV staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with HUD regulations on regular basis. Must ensure consistency in application of Administrative Plan and associated policies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration, Human Services, Psychology, Public Relations or a closely related field is required. Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration or a closely related field or four additional years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the administration of public or private housing and/or assisted housing programs, including three years in senior management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the management of a large Housing Choice Voucher Program including supervision of a sizeable staff.
• Experience in organizational performance improvement preferred.
• Must obtain either the Assisted Housing Management or appropriate certification within one year of employment.
• Ability to provide expertise to leadership and departments
• Ability to interpret and implement complex and changing federal policies and regulations.
• Ability to analyze administrative systems and develop structures and strategies designed to provide efficient, high-quality, cost-effective service to the public.
• Skills in sustaining a collaborative, teamwork style of management.
• Strong commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate individually and in groups with internal contacts, property owners, and other organizations or officials as appropriate.
• Comprehensive knowledge of programs, regulations and directives of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as well as all other applicable Federal and local laws and regulations as related to affordable housing services.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective program administration.
• Excellent written and public speaking skills.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to deal effectively with situations that require tact and diplomacy, yet firmness.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with members, applicants, participants, landlords, and community agencies that provide services.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $47,200 – $72,100.
- Operations Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Consulting
- Training Delivery