Principal Full Stack SW Engineer
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Knoxville and CGI: Creating jobs, growing communities
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer having a high degree of competence in developing easy -to-use, customer focused responsive user interface applications. You will help us design and develop applications that focus on customer experience. Also, you will be involved to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
· Lead small Squads in hands-on capacity and mentor them
· Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional
requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
· Design, Develop and test highly scalable responsive user interfaces
· Participate in design and code reviews
· Participate in CI/CD activities
· Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision
· Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by set ting examples
· Find creative ways to get things done, automate and do them right
· Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
· Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest frameworks and concepts
· Ensure the high level of integrity in the team
· Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience &Technical Skills :
· 7+ years of proven software development experience developing enterprise solutions
· 5+ years proven development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS,
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing Web services and API solutions using various Java
· Proficient in designing, developing and testing Single-Page Apps (SPA) and using Server-Side
· Proficient in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring boot is preferred.
jQuery, XML, JSON, REST API's
· Experience in Domain Driven design & Microservice Architecture
· Experience in designing and developing services - API, including versioning, isolation is a plus
· Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
· Experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
· Proficient in Design patterns and their applicability
· Understanding of 12-factor design principles and practical experience of remediating existing apps or
building new apps to comply to those principles
· Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins,
Stash, Ansible, Docker)
· Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
· Understanding of Job Schedulers like Control-m and Cron is a plus
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
· Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN, Belton, TX, Lafayette. LA.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $119,500 -$230,100.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.