CGI has an immediate need for a Solutions Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA, Reston, VA or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Program, coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages like Python
• Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• Documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
• Gather accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
• Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
• Adept at milestones development, tracking and technical dependency mapping
Provide guidance in operational excellence by recommending performance and cost optimization techniques
• Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 years related work experience as an Engineer focused on cloud infrastructure solutioning
• Experience with cloud migrations of virtual & physical application assets from on-premises to AWS
• Expertise in recommending AWS Security, Automation, Cost optimization & Operational efficiency
• Experience in Infrastructure Software Development (Python)
• Good technical and analytical skills for issues troubleshooting cloud infrastructure issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills with attitude towards solving cloud migration related challenges
• Cloud technologies and cloud computing using AWS Well Architected Framework (WAF)
• Strong knowledge on core AWS services like S3, EC2, CloudFormation, RDS and NACLs, SGs and routing
• Well versed in the use cases for types of load balancers, gateways, EFS, FsX, endpoints and Route 53
• A good understanding of on-premise virtual compute environment, tools and network topology
• Very strong communication in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
• AWS Certification (associate or professional level)
• Experience working in an Agile Environment
• Experience using Jira, confluence, and other productivity toolsre)
B.S. Computer Science
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.