Embedded C++ Engineer
Come work on the cutting edge of on-board satellite / space vehicle software!
Our team will be working on guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) software that pushes the limits of interplanetary exploration, for earth observation, and space robotics.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Large, enthusiastic and growing engineering team looking for embedded C++ engineers – background in Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) software is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of embedded engineering with a strong preference to space or other GNC experience. This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment.
• Has prior hands-on experience with enterprise software development, pipeline and devops (e.g., Gitlab, Jira, etc), integration and implementation
• Leads product definition and prioritization by working with stakeholders, developers, and internal/external customers
• Understands orbital mechanics, coordinate transformation, and direction cosine matrix.
• Has experience with GNC fault detection, isolation, and recovery (FDIR)
• Has advanced experience with embedded C++
• Has ability to read flows, understand control laws
• Is experienced with test automation
• Engages with other team members to instill agile values, principles and practices
• Has strong team communication and leadership potential
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors’ and 8+ years of experience or Masters’ and 6+ years of experience
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Past experience as a software engineer with embedded C++
• GNC: ability to read flows, understand control laws,
• Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
• Experience with Linux and Linux VMs
• Test automation, CI/CD, DevOps
• Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between the agile team and the train, developers and other stakeholders
• Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, resolve conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish customer needs from presented user requests, and develop solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
• Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
• Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to their team
• Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
• US Citizenship
Nice to have skills / background includes:
• DoD or NASA background
• CMMI Level 3 knowledge
• Nasa Core Flight Software (cFS) experience
• Experience with orbital mechanics, coordinates and direction cosines
• Ability to convert matlab code to C++
• Experience with Advanced RISC Machine (ARM)
• Experience with Xilinx MPSoC
• Experience with Git
• Experience with teleworking tools such as Slack, Teams, Zoom
Est. Salary Range: $111,000 - $161,000
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Short-term and Long-term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 10 Standard Holidays
- Embedded Software Development
- Embedded Technology
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.