AWS Cloud Security Engineer
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Cloud Security Engineer to join our financial services team in Sterling, VA, Columbia, SC or Knoxville, TN. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
This position is a part of the strategic initiative projects in the InfoSec area working on the latest tech stack.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
• Set up and manage access to cloud resources using accounts, users, and groups. He/she should be knowledgeable about potential vulnerabilities of virtual machines and container deployment systems.
• Will drive adherence to federal and state compliance requirements by overseeing continuous monitoring activities and incident response.
• Provides oversight over the implementation of approved security architecture/policies/procedures for a portfolio clients and engagements Initiate and conduct project security reviews to identify cloud infrastructure security risks
• Reviews and oversee the implementation of approved recommendations on cloud security design and implementation
• Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
• Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
• Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
• Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
• Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10-12 years of relevant experience
• Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects.
• Hands-on experience in AWS specifically with one or more of the following AWS services: GuardDuty, Config, WAF, Shield, Macie, CloudTrail, SecurityHub.
• Hands-on experience writing infrastructure-as-code in languages such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm, etc.
• You have hands-on experience working with AWS container technologies.
• Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing a cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud platforms, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions.
• Designing and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring and data protection processes and platform tools.
• Building and operating automated security operations
• Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts.
• Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology.
• Hands-on experience in AWS cloud engineering
• Prior professional services
• Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and terraform
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
• A comprehensive understanding of writing KQLs, and the use of PowerShell to write queries in all cloud platform
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or a related field
AWS Certification desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $75,600.00 - $186,000.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.