Mid-Level AWS Full Stack Developer
CGI has an immediate need for a Mid-Level AWS Full Stack Developer to join our financial services team in Knoxville, TN, Lafayette, LA or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
We are looking for a strong Full Stack Developer with strong AWS experience to work on real implementations in a highly dynamic and fast-paced Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Join a fast-paced agile team working on cloud implementation effort. Looking for a strong Java Backend Developer with Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest API experience. AWS experience is required.
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience and Cucumber Automation Testing.
• Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline.
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
• Understand the application code with minimal assistance and resolve bugs/defects/performance issues identified.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6-8 years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• 4+ years of development experience with Java 8 +, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
• 2 + Years Hands-on AWS experience
• 1 + years of development experience with Angular, NodeJS and React
• 2 + years of development experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, Aurora
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
• Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito
• Hands-On experience with database development using SQL, mybatis.
• Experience with debugging and troubleshooting App performance issues & JVM memory optimization.
• Experience with working on SOAP webservices, XML, JAXB
• Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
• Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle & Jenkins
• Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
• Superior time management and work organization
• Strong verbal and oral communication
• Work as a team in a fast-paced agile environment
• Passion for continuous improvement and learning
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $59,700.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.