Sr. Python/AWS Data Engineer
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Python/AWS Data Engineer to join our financial services team in Lafayette, LA or Belton, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this role you will be focused on AWS Development and Architecture. We are looking for hands-on professionals who can build good technical solutions and then roll up their sleeves to implement the solution.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of IT experience with 4+ years of AWS Development and Cloud Architecture.
• 4+ years of experience with Python (must have)
• Must have strong experience with SQL, Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
• 2+ years of experience with Data engineering (EMR, PySpark, Redshift, Glue)
• Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL.
• Strong experience with AWS Lambda, Fargate, SNS, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, Sagemaker and CloudWatch.
• Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
• Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
• Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
• Adaptive to change: Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly and tailor your approach to the resources at hand.
• Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
• Strong Python, Strong working AWS experience, Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, Aurora) Data engineering (EMR, PySpark, Redshift, Glue), Serverless experience (Lambda, step functions), containerization (ECS with Fargate)
• SAS knowledge
• DevOps knowledge (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Terraform/UCD/CloudFormation)
• Testing Automation
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Certification(s) desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $59,700.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
- Postgre SQL