Release Manager/QA Manager
Meet our professionals
U.S. - What we do matters
CGI Federal is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager to support one of our Health IT projects at our Baltimore, MD location. This individual will be required to lead the QA process for a complex client engagement working with both client and CGI Federal Quality requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual will be responsible for the overall quality of deliverables and maintaining product quality and consistency throughout the lifecycle to client acceptance. These responsibilities include:
• Ability to understand the big-picture program goals, turning those into detail-oriented action plans, working with urgency, and availability & flexibility to work after-hours and weekends, specifically to support off-hour deployment cycles and coordination of resources executing those processes (e.g, infrastructure, automated testing, database, QA, developers, etc.)
• Manage the application and database deployment pipelines and environments, ensuring the multiple code streams and environments are kept in order. Responsible for decisions related to promotion of code to environments, coordination of automation test team for smoke testing, developers for hot fixes, etc.
• Responsible for overall management of the QA team activities with support from the QA leads, and particular focus on driving and oversight of changes that may be necessary due to the shifting priorities of the program, along with the ability to recognize and escalate risks or issues.
• Ability to discuss and coordinate program details with senior management and the client, representing the Release activities QA team functions.
• Supporting the development of project planning documents and estimates
• Developing and maintaining QA plans/processes
• Tailoring the QA standards, processes, and procedures applicable to the project.
• Documenting and reporting QA activities and measurements to Senior Management and relevant stakeholders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• In-depth understanding of QA disciplines, processes, methods, tools and leading industry practice.
• Detail oriented including thoroughness, and rigor in adhering to and implementing processes.
• Experience in leading and working with distributed teams of QA professionals
• Experience in SAFe Agile desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate across teams including client, senior management, and across teams in a dynamic team environment.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Knowledge of the CMS healthcare and CMMI environment is desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 - $165,300
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
- Software Quality Assurance
- Test Management
- Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.