AWS Python Data Engineer
CGI has an immediate need for a Mid-Level Data Engineer to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC, Lafayette, LA or Belton, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Looking for a mid-level data engineer with AWS background in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as GLUE, pyspark and other data services. Data Engineer who has background in python script language used for ETL, data management process, ensuring that data is collected, processed, stored. This person will be involved with data quality assessment and other data management work including migration and production deployment of data pipelines and ETL jobs.
• Data availability in EDL, up to ~60 applications and getting data to their downstream
• Individual user access in Cloud, target data needs being determined still in requirements (expecting most consumption to be from databases with limited cases for special views or layers needed to support business intelligence)
• Consult with data architects as needed in design
• Build pipelines from an application to a pre-approved data format where individuals can access the data
• Unit/System/Integration test data pipelines
• Conform to FM development standards and operation standards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
•7+ years of experience with AWS Development and Cloud Architecture.
• 4+ years of Python or R programming experience
• Excellent understanding of SQL programming and databases
• hands-on designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as GLUE, pyspark and other data services
• Experience with BitBucket with understanding of code configuration management concepts
• Experience with AWS Sagemaker preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Certification(s) desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more