Software Developer -- Entry Level
Launch a world class career.
Are you fascinated by information technology and its role in innovative business solutions? Are you a collaborative problem solver who wants to build a dynamic career making an impact for some of the most influential companies and government agencies in the world? If so, we think CGI is just the place for you.
As a Software Developer on our team, you’ll work in a highly collaborative environment to provide expertise in designing, developing, and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems in your own unique way which is not only valued and respected but encouraged.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of tools, technologies, and cutting edge solutions, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
**Fall Application Period is from August 21, 2023 through November 3, 2023**
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you’ll make an impact
• Develop technical prototypes and assist in the creation of software documentation including requirements, design, and user manuals.
• Understand and apply software design patterns.
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things.
• Develop software solutions for business problems by using the latest tools, such as Microsoft .NET, Java, and open-source technologies.
• Develop database, ETL, and reporting solutions by leveraging the latest database technologies.
• Participate in peer-led engineering and code reviews.
• Develop an understanding of the benefits of quality assurance within enterprise software applications.
• Assist in the development and execution of test cases and system test plans.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you’ll bring
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• Experience with SQL, Java, C++, J2EE, C# and/or .Net development
• The ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
• A great attitude and desire for learning
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. permanently
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive insurance options
• 401(k) with company match
• Share purchase plan with a company match
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
• Up to 14 weeks of Maternity Leave with full pay
• 4-week Parental Leave for all non-birth parents
• Attorney-assisted will preparation
• Health savings account
• Disability, life, and accidental death insurance
• Pet insurance
• Work-life balance and flexibility
• Tuition assistance continuous learning opportunities
• Training, mentoring, and career development
• Member assistance program
• Wellness program
• Member resource groups that provide community
The best version of you starts here
We’re a global company of owners. Over 90,000 members strong, we bring our diverse backgrounds and perspectives together to solve some of IT and business consulting’s toughest problems for some of the world’s best companies. Looking for a place that empowers you to explore your full potential and shape your own career? The scale and reach of our impact offer you just that. Join a team of great people, collaborate on meaningful work, and serve the communities you call home while you do it.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $47,200 - $91,700/year.