Trusted Tester - U.S. Citizenship Required
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is searching for the next member to join its accessibility community as a Trusted Tester.
In this role you will be part of a government client-facing consulting team responsible for providing Section 508 assessment, testing, and customer support services for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) products.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform Section 508 testing of various ICT using the current version of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Tester Version 5 Section 508 Conformance Test Process and/or client approved assessment methods and test reporting tools and formats.
• Independently conduct Section 508 testing and remediation of electronic documents (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF) per the Accessibility Tests for Documents endorsed by the Federal CIO Council Community of Practice available on Section508.gov.
• Perform technical evaluations of Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) deliverables, including reviewing vendor conformance claims and assigning an overall score consistent with agency technical guidelines.
• Clearly document testing results and identified Section 508 issues.
• Report on the government’s programmatic and technical Section 508 compliance to customers and stakeholders.
• Work with the rest of the client-facing consulting team to document Section 508 best practices.
To meet expectations, you must be able to:
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, be open to learning new things, and continuously improve your digital accessibility knowledge and skills to support quality delivery to our clients.
• Work in a fast-paced environment, serving as a reliable source of answers for Section 508 questions.
• Work independently, with limited guidance and day-to-day oversight.
• Effectively communicate in writing as well as verbally in meetings with internal and external clients.
• Produce high-quality work products that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Deliver tasks on time and on budget.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• Certified as a DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester Version 5 (TTV5).
• 3+ years of information technology, content management, or other related experience.
• Solid understanding of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) accessibility principles, guidelines, and standards (Section 508, WCAG) and where to find relevant information in supporting technical specifications (HTML, WAI-ARIA)
• Hands-on experience using the DHS TTv5 evaluation tools as well as keyboard only, and Section 508 functional performance testing with assistive technologies (AT) such as the JAWS screen reader.
• Experience performing accessibility testing and remediation of electronic documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.).
• Experience creating and/or reviewing ACR deliverables based on the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) reporting format.
• Experience setting up automated accessibility testing with one or more tools in an automated testing environment.
• Experience performing accessibility testing of software applications on Windows.
• Experience performing accessibility testing of eLearning/CBT modules and other instructional resources.
• Experience using the ServiceNow platform.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600 - $143,700.
- System Testing
- Test Planning & Implementation
- Functional Testing