Test Automation Engineer
CGI has an immediate need for a Test Automation Engineer to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC, Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
In this role, you will be responsible for test automation for various software applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze, document, and articulate business requirements for complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic for software coding. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
• Develop detailed specifications of the application and document in a form that it can be used for coding applications. This includes architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
• Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised applications.
• Extract data requirements through various methods including individual and group discussions, independent data analysis, and extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code.
• Confer with business units and technical staff to understand data usage, lineage, and attributes. Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
• Develop a test plan and/or test application in development status or debug an application in production mode.
• Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing, and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
• May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain applications in production.
• Participate in project meetings to plan to rewrite or addition to applications in production or being revised for release into production.
• May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
• Lead cross functions to ensure application enhancements quality meets expected business results. May lead test strategy and facilitate customer and end-user testing through test & learn development iterations and closing the loop on customer feedback.
• Manage end-to-end business process impacts for cross-functional/complex solutions.
• Promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Strong knowledge of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
• Strong Experience with test automation tools like Selenide/Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, SoapUI, and Jenkins. Junit4+ Experience with automation testing of enterprise-level web and client/server applications.
• Proficiency with Java & Springboot and other applicable object-oriented language.
• Good understanding of Cloud Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with SQL queries, Aurora PostGreSQL RDS, Oracle
• Strong XML and JSON message parsing
• Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Knowledge of test management tools such as JIRA Xray, ALM, Octane, or a similar tool is desirable.
• Knowledge of testing types (functional, non-functional, end-to-end, regression testing).
• Experience working in the financial industry.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High-energy, detail-oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to provide results with minimal supervision.
• Able to write, present information, and respond to questions from stakeholders.
• Contribute individually and as a member of a team
Selenium, Cucumber, Aurora PostGreSQL, Oracle, JSON, XML, AWS, Junit 4+
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Postgre SQL