Sr. SAP ABAP/Fiori Developer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking a Sr. SAP ABAP/Fiori Developer to support an SAP S/4HANA Greenfield implementation project for a large government contract. As a Sr. Developer, you will be involved in every stage of the application lifecycle, from design to deployment. You are responsible for converting user requirements into Technical Design Specs and developing ABAP solutions in alignment with the designs. You may also lead or guide other developers in maintainable development practices and during code reviews. This project is a fast-paced and dynamic environment that leverages areas such as Agile/Scrum methodology to quickly build solutions based on customer requirements. You are encouraged to learn more technologies and suggest improvements to business processes. You will be successful through your strong technical skills, proactive problem-solving, ability to learn quickly and excellent communication with our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• ABAP development and performance analysis, testing, issue analysis, triage, debugging, job scheduling, execution, monitoring and issue resolution.
• Develop SAP ODATA Entities using SAP Gateway Service builder, which can be consumed by any application outside SAP using the HTTP(s) protocol.
• Participate in the analysis of the customer's business operations to validate requirements and scope and suggest process improvements.
• Convert business critical requirements into SAP applications.
• Develop and maintain SAP design and technical specification documents and conduct unit, integration and release testing to validate functionality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• A minimum of 8 years in SAP ABAP with Fiori/UI5 implementations across various SAP versions, S/4, ECC and R/3.
• Hands-on experience integrating backend SAP and non-SAP applications.
• Hands-on experience in SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 custom development.
• Expertise in configuring the standard Fiori Application and enhancing the Fiori Apps according to client requirements.
• Experience in SAP Gateway and OData Services for UI5 development.
• Hands-on experience with SAP ABAP development and CDS.
• Experience with the design and development of interfaces/APIs with focus on re-usability and configurability.
• Good debugging skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Capable of self-learning new technologies in the UI space, working with minimum direction and supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Business or other related technical discipline.
• ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP).
• Certifications specific to Application Development and Agile areas of focus.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $94,500 - $181,800.
- Analytical Thinking
- SAP ABAP
- SAP Business Suite
- SAP Fiori
- SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP S/4 HANA
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.