Sr. Product Owner
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Product Owner to join our financial services team in Lafayette, LA, Columbia, SC or Belton, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
The Sr. Product Owner role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Support the development of the design strategy for new products.
• Implement the process for new products.
• Identify opportunities for product improvements.
• Manage the product lifecycle and ongoing maintenance
• Ensure product strategy is in alignment with business objectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Product Owner is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including discovery, creating value propositions, and working closely with engineering, design, and testing to ensure customer pain points and gain points are resolved. The Product Owners' job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Owner is expected to:
• Discover and create product value propositions by working with users/customers, development teams, and product designers.
• Contribute to building a product strategy.
• Optimize the team's learning curve (gain customer insights and feedback) by creating products with speed in mind.
• Understand how to operate within an agile framework. Build and maintain product backlogs, be responsible for ensuring customers have high-quality outcomes (by testing and accepting stories), run end-of-sprint demos to obtain feedback from customers, and prioritize work.
• Act as a leader and evangelize their products and always be innovating.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 4 years experience as a Product Analyst
• Proficiency in creating User Story Maps, ability to create user stories containing end-to-end analysis: Outcomes, Outputs, Processes, Scenarios, and Examples (testing).
• Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Technically savvy and understands conceptually how products are built. Knowledge of how products are built on AWS a PLUS
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
• Demonstrated experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $198,400.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
- Analytical Thinking
- End-to-End Testing
- Product Owner