SME Software QA Test Engineer **Secret clearance required **
CGI Federal - It started as a dream in 1976, 46 years later, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world.
Are you looking for a challenge? In the age of digital disruption, emerging technologies are changing how organizations operate, serve customers and achieve their missions. CGI is one of the few global firms with the talent, scale, reach, and end-to-end services to help clients succeed with their digital transformation. CGI is hiring a Senior Developer to serve as an SME and provide support services for an Air Force web-based data system involved in collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data.
What do you need to succeed? The SME Software QA Test Engineer will primarily conduct software quality reviews for all aspects of our client’s Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS) software development process, including providing auditable documentation using manual testing and automated testing.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities:
• Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
• Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
• Analyze user stories and use case requirements for validity and feasibility.
• Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
• Review software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
• Execute tests on software usability.
• Analyze test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
• Prepare reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
• Interact with clients to understand product requirements.
• Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ Years’ experience testing software solutions for complex systems.
• Must be a US citizen and have a SECRET clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work / military experience.
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and a deep understanding of the design process leading into a solution.
• Exceptional working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Team player.
• Good time-management skills.
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,300 to $165,300.
- Software Quality Assurance
- Test Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.