NetApp Storage Engineer Team Lead
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior Storage Engineer Team Lead that is an in-depth problem solver who leverages their expertise and CGI partnership with NetApp to provide technical expertise and support to our Federal Client’s project team(s). The position will be part of a team of storage engineers and will be specifically responsible for providing Tier 1, 2 and 3 support 24x5 as well as weekend support of critical client tickets. This position will require a work schedule of a minimum of eight (8) working hours, five (5) days a week with potential for on-call response. On-Call schedules will be shared amongst the team, on a rotating basis. Flexibility in the standard schedule may be leveraged during times the on-call personnel work beyond standard working hours, with managerial approval, and are dependent on client delivery needs. A strong background and experience with NetApp’s core technologies and significant experience in Networking design & administration is required to be successful in this role. The candidate will be required serve as a leader to other team members, act as subject matter expert and provide regular briefings to management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide Tier 1, 2 and 3 support to NetApp storage solution customers.
• Provide primary support for requests and incidents received from all sources working to resolve tickets at first contact, using tools, knowledge bases, and wikis.
• Efficiently manage service tickets ensuring that all assigned tickets and tasks are updated on a daily basis.
• Accurately enter all customer and system interactions into Service Desk ticketing program and ensure correct routing and communication of escalated events.
• Accurately enter all customer and system interactions into Service Desk ticketing system and ensure correct routing and communication of escalated events.
• Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Utilize incident management tools in analysis and troubleshooting.
• Identify, escalate and communicate issues in a timely manner.
• Contribute to building a knowledge base centered on known incidents/defects, Frequently Asked Questions, resolved issues, applying lessons learned and previous resolutions to new incidents.
• Recommend business processes improvements on service desk functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• NetApp Storage experience (implementing and managing NetApp Storage primarily ONTAP, troubleshooting performance, upgrading firmware and OS, using OnCommand and storage management tools, managing backup integration/storage with NetApp Data Fabric technologies).
• In-depth understanding of NetApp storage concepts, associated management tools, and related storage technologies, including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening, and performance tuning.
• Experience or knowledge of other NetApp technologies such as CVO, StorageGRID, E-Series, CVS, Cloud Backup, Cloud Secure, Cloud Sync, Cloud Datasense and Amazon FSx for ONTAP will be highly appreciated.
• Experience with any automation tool will be preferred.
• Solid knowledge of storage protocols and technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, switched networks and Fiber Channel).
• Knowledge of ITIL methodologies: desirable management and certification of changes, incidents, problems and configurations.
• Knowledge of managed service delivery and cloud certifications is desirable.
• Deep understanding of other components of the infrastructure stack: compute, virtualization, and networking: (NetApp/Cisco Flex module architecture, Cisco UCS platform, IBM Blade Center, System X, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft operating systems and applications, Commvault) .
• Working knowledge of monitoring platforms, WAN, SAN, backup platforms and disaster recovery.
• Windows server, Linux server, and related operating system technologies would be beneficial, including monitoring and troubleshooting, management, replication technologies, security hardening, and performance.
• Experience writing basic PowerShell/Python scripts would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of managed service delivery and any of the cloud certifications (AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure) is highly desirable.
• Associate level cloud certifications like AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, Google Associate Cloud Engineer, Azure Administrator.
• Cloud-based NetApp certifications, such as Hybrid Cloud Administrator (NCHCA).
• Strong communication and documentation skills with the client.
• Built and maintained strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Design, construction, implementation and testing of infrastructure disaster recovery.
• Positive, proactive and team oriented attitude with a flexible and innovative work approach.
• Working knowledge of container concepts and microservices. Experience in tools and technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes and Ansible would be beneficial.
Est. Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
- NET App
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.