Technical Writer - U.S. Citizenship Required
CGI is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support an SAP S/4HANA Greenfield implementation project for a large government contract. As the Technical Writer, you will develop, update, and maintain various project procedures, business process documentation, functional and technical specifications, and other publications pertaining to SAP systems. You will also design the layout and organization of manuals and other documentation, including online help screens, in accordance with predefined standards. This role requires a broad understanding of Federal Financial processes and a willingness to learn and understand new business processes and systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide documentation support during workshops for gathering and validating business and system requirements relating to Federal Financial Management and Accounting.
• Collaborate with project teams and business stakeholders to confirm, understand, and document requirements for the SAP S/4HANA solutions.
• Develop functional and technical specifications for the design and implementation of SAP solutions.
• Draft user stories, test scripts, and test data needed for solution validation.
• Document system processes and system details for consumers of differing technical understanding.
• Diagram business and technical processes for inclusion in documentation and internal briefings.
• Be responsive in a dynamic environment to learn adjacent skills to help the entire team progress through the implementation.
• Participate in daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint demos, and other Agile ceremonies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
• Ability to write user-friendly, engaging copy about highly technical subjects.
• Ability to understand and accurately translate technical information for a general audience.
• Attention to detail and clarity of expression leading to error-free documentation
• Ability to create graphics, charts, figures, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Visio.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to proactively manage and prioritize multiple documents simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.), technical writing, or other related degree.
• Experience writing documentation, testing, and training for SAP (preferably SAP financial modules).
• Understanding of the software development process
• SAP Configuration or ABAP experience.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $65,000 - $95,000.”
- Document Management
- Functional specification
- Microsoft Visio
- Technical Writing
- Other Civilian (Fed)
- SAP Financials