AWS Python Developer
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Python Developer to join our financial services team in Knoxville, TN, Lafayette, LA or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This initiative is a transformation effort that requires the successful candidate to think critically and design a proper solution by working with the business users.
• Programming Angular and Java, J2EE, XML, and Web Services
• Programming with AWS and R
• Full life cycle application/system development
• Develop distributed application environments (Database, Transaction Management)
• Write conceptual and detailed design documents, and developing large scale enterprise applications following an Agile execution model
• Write well designed, testable and efficient code
• Takes accountability/ownership for the assigned tasks/deliverable
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Need someone with 5+ years of experience.
• Business Skills (BA)
• Intermediate: Able to work with the business users to collect and validate the requirements with the business users.
• Intermediate: Has worked in the loan and mortgage domain with a financial view
• Strong: Python and Jupyter Notebook with other Cloud Development skills.
• Experience with Redshift, Excel, etc.
• Strong Software Design, Implementation and Testing skills.
• Reporting Skills
• Strong: SQL and reporting skills – preferable in Tableau.
• Medium: Dimensional Data Model
• Optional: Financial Modeling
• Optional: SAS is not necessary but would be good
• Optional: Unix is not necessary but would be good
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $59,700.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.