CGI is seeking a senior MuleSoft developer to join its Texas Public Sector Practice. The candidate must have a deep understanding of development, testing, and support of the MuleSoft platform. Candidate must be able to work with management, business users, and technical teams on API integration projects and development of API strategy and architecture. Candidate must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products.
On our team we deliver more than just "technology consulting." As part of the Texas Business Unit Public Sector team, we use technology intentionally to improve citizens’ lives. How do we do that? We help our state and local agencies (along with higher ed institutions) deliver on their promises to Texans and Oklahomans – from modernizing systems that protect children, to creating apps that care for vulnerable adults, to revamping public university portals to enhance students’ experiences, and ultimately to engineering solutions that increase transparency and ensure the effective and efficient use of taxpayer dollars. Join our team and be a part of the bigger picture at CGI: we're more than just a tech company – we're a team of technologists who passionately serve Texas and Oklahoma.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Primary responsibilities are focused on the Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of leading edge solutions utilizing MuleSoft:
• MuleSoft API lifecycle development and management
• Define & Deploy API Governance & Monitoring processes
• Ensure solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
• Ensure developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
• Unit test solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
• Perform all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required or equivalent professional experience
• MuleSoft Certified Developer Mule 4 certification
• Expertise with enterprise technologies including applications, storage platforms, database, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center
• Ability to use a broad portfolio of open-source technologies and cloud services
• Experience with automation/configuration management
• Extensive knowledge of middleware integration libraries and components for purposes of troubleshooting
• In-depth understanding of API and application performance testing and best practices; with the ability to properly tune complex and high-traffic applications/systems
• Proficiency in designing Mule components (API First approach, Application Networks, RAML modeling and mocking, JSON, XML, Exception Handling, Logging, Cloudhub deployment)
• Experience in Mule development (3.7v & 3.8v, 4 is preferred)
• Strong knowledge of Mule 4 API Development JSON, XML, REST naming conventions, Semantic versioning, Exception Handling, Logging)
• Anypoint platform administration
• Mule API management (API GW 1.x, 2.x,3.8, 4 preferred)
• Strong understanding and experience with security implementations (e.g. SSL/mutual SSL, SAML, OAuth).
• Strong understanding and experience with Mule 4 & Dataweave Language
• 8+ years overall experience with developing technical business solutions, preferred
• 3+ years experience with end-to-end design and development of services for the MuleSoft framework
• Familiar with MuleSoft offerings
• Familiar with integration patterns used with MuleSoft, Salesforce and other products
• Familiar with 3rd Party MuleSoft Anypoint Connectors in Exchange
• 5+ years experience with Java, XML and Web Services both SOAP and REST
• Experience working with relational data bases such Oracle; Proficient in SQL
• Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Collaborative skills to work with others to ensure high quality, reliability, availability, and performance of APIs
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Familiarity with source control tools such as Git/GitHub
• Excellent conceptual and critical thinking capabilities
• Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
• Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Clear written and verbal communications skills
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $52,400 - $164,400.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.