Momentum Cloud Support Engineer
We are looking to fill a position on our project where we need a Cloud Support Engineer with proficiency with the Momentum or similar ERP COTs product running in a cloud environment. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience with AWS or similar cloud environments as well as sophisticated multi-tier applications. The position will require skills to help design, build and operate solutions leveraging COTS software as well as cloud native tools, perform DBA actives in cloud managed databases such as AWS RDS, be responsible for maintenance activities, support all phases of the SDLC for complex applications. Resource must be able research and troubleshoot topics/issues, and recommend corrective action. The resource should be familiar with the offers from major Cloud Service providers such as AWS and will be expected to learn new skills as the needs arise. Resource should be familiar with HADR concepts and techniques to maintain high availability. In this role, you will work within an agile team to deploy and operate a complex COTS system in the cloud. You will have the opportunity to work with the project team to review system requirements, design and develop solutions and modification to the system architecture to meet requirements. Additionally, you will construct technical solutions and supporting deliverables to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives. Assist in deploying applications to the cloud environments via automated pipelines. Perform security scanning and analysis and evaluation of component packages and software related to incidents and troubleshooting. Design and develop automated test cases. Perform automated unit testing, functional testing, and performance testing, evaluation, installation, configuration, and development of application releases required by the remediation along with required code changes. Install and upgrade software, patches, and plugins to ensure and sustain security compliance and maintain system availability. We are a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers. Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you are looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide IT technical services and technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Technologies include Java/JEE, Oracle Database, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Tuxedo, Appache, webMethods
• Complete complex design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
• Contribute to the development of documentation.
• Work closely with clients and cross-functional departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance and to communicate project statuses and proposals.
• Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation and operations of software or the modification of existing software.
• Participate in the entire software development lifecycle.
• Monitor system performance using tools such as Instana, Splunk, AWS XRay, AWS Cloudwatch etc.
• Test new software and fix bugs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Please note that US Citizenship is NOT required, but candidates MUST have lived and worked in the US for the last 24 consecutive months in order to pass the US Government customer's background investigation.
• Must be able to pass and obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Four (4) years of overall experience primarily operating large scale complex ERP COTS software
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of the AWS platform and use of cloud native services as part of a solution.
• Two (2)+ years of working experience with AWS or similar cloud platform. Experience must include: working with AWS RDS and EC2.
• Cognizant of current AWS technologies to formulate new solution and/or make recommendations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with clients and business partners.
• Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84000 - $186000
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. however; preferred location is Fairfax, VA
- DevOps Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.