Data Scientist SME
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
Become part of a team to help a large government agency to support the maturing of the agency’s data science capabilities and AI/ML/NLP maturity. CGI Federal is seeking a Data Scientist SME to support a large data modernization project for a federal agency.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Identify, analyze, categorize and determine completeness of data sources to be collected for identified use cases.
• Assist in the development of analytical models and algorithms to address identified use cases.
• Expresses strategic data requirements, outlines high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and aligns with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
• Identify, validate and potentially create the data to be used to training algorithms.
• Identifies and guides development of data standards.
• Develops data architecture principles, creates models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, creates diagrams showing key data entities, and creates an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Advanced degree (Bachelors, Masters or PhD) in Quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Econometrics ideal.
• Advanced knowledge of Statistical Methods for model building, Machine Learning and Big Data.
• Knowledge of deep learning frameworks (e.g., Keras, PyTorch or Tensorflow).
• Excellent programming knowledge in SAS, Python or R.
• Experience in programming in a Unix environment.
• Excellent data manipulation skills on large data sets.
• In-depth knowledge of data structures, data warehouse concepts, and data modeling.
• Ability to source and manipulate data from Oracle, SQL, Hadoop, Teradata, SAS, and cloud-based infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake, Data Bricks).
• Ability to articulate highly technical information in a simple, concise, clear, and understandable manner.
• Ability to converge graph database capabilities with data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), visualization and other graph user interface techniques.
• Familiarity with graph embeddings and ability to train neural networks and deep learning systems.
• Proficiency in SPARQL and other graph query languages and prior work with graph databases.
• Familiarity with implementing machine learning models in Python, SAS, R, and XML-based markup languages for production.
• Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly, and to take on a broad range of analytical and management tasks.
• Familiarity with developing algorithms and models in medical, pharmaceutical or organic materials domains.
Successful candidates will possess:
• Desire to deliver exceptional value to FI’s clients and teammates and take the necessary steps to enable their success.
• Proactive and innovative approaches to problem solving and solution development.
• Driven to always look for ways to improve processes.
• Reliability, trustworthiness, honesty, and commitment.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and technical writing skills.
• Ability to confidently interact with all levels of our clients’ organizations.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 - $165,300
- Data Validation
- Natural Language Processing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.